bummed

-

midlife89

Reaction score
Just got back from where I'm employed and where my other car is stored. Big fire there roof still standing where my car is,God I hope it's just got some smoke damage.Could never replace that car,1st new car I ever bought,plus my dad bought it from me when I got married and couldn't afford it anymore.Told me I could buy it back when I could afford to,which I did.Guess I'll find out in the am,fire dept wouldn't let me in to check on it.I hope I'll have a job in the am.Anybody here ever have a car w/smoke damage? Did the smell ever go away?

Hopefully not a lot of damage. If there was a lot of heat, you may be looking at a lot of melted plastic or burned rubber. Praying for a positive outcome.

Damn, sorry to hear about this.
C

It was,or is a 89 mustang gt,347 stroker blown,was mint never saw snow,just turned 50,000 mi last summer.I don't think I'll be able to sleep. Dreading yet can't wait to see what happened to it.

I had a flash fire inside my Willys wagon years ago.. (don't ask). I was able to get the smoke smell out but, I ended up replacing the interior panels. The headliner got crispy and was removed as well.

They finally removed the rubble from in front of the door leading into that section of the building,and my car was fine,just a light coat of soot on the car cover.Thanks everyone for your concern,maybe I'll sleep tonight!

Glad to hear it wasn't too damaged- and thankfully it is a Mustang so it'll have a ton of aftermarket support. Makes fixing/restomodding/hot rodding so much easier and cheaper

3 or 4 boxes of baking soda and a lil time will help pull that smell out if its not too bad

-
Back