bump stop doesn't line up

-

skep419

5.9 Magnum 4 speed afficionado
Reaction score
installed calvert racing shocks and noticed my bump stomps didn't line up with the tubular upper control arm. you can tell by the grease its been this way for awhile hahaha

Anybody else ran into this issue?

552689_10152737487680573_984945015_n.jpg

wow, what brand are those? And have you been able to have it aligned in the past? The welding around the BJ looks a little rough.

I don't think my RMS arms hit the bumpstops. I am not really worried about it they have been there since 2005. Is your brake line touching the control arm in the picture?

I don't think my RMS arms hit the bumpstops. I am not really worried about it they have been there since 2005. Is your brake line touching the control arm in the picture?

nope. Just a bad angle

my Magnumforce arms didn't line up either. they don't have the dogleg turn in the arms so they weren't as far off as yours. I was able to simply drill a new hole for the bumpstop and relocate it.

I ran across this same bump stop alignment issue after installing CAP crap UCA in a 67 Dart. All I did was replace the top bump stop with a LCA bump stop which is much longer and able to catch the arm.

-
Back