Bumper rechrome vendor

-

barracudadave67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I hope this is the right forum.
I recently, at a large swap meet Paid $330.00 for a rechromed rear bumper, for my 66 Dart GT project. The vender is "A.B.C. Restorations" 715 N. Miller Ave, Azusa, Ca.91702. I never received the bumper, my charge card was charged, and I cannot get hold of these guys, on their phone # 626-387-0049. This is all since April 29, of this year.
All you get is an answering machine, and they do not call back.
Has any member here bought bumpers, or had anything rechromed from these guys,??. Whats your experience,??. Any one know anything about them,??.
I'm just trying to get the bumper I paid for, or a refund to my card. I have already contacted my card company.
Thanks for your info

Dave C. aka barracudadave67

I would guess that once you process a charge-back with the credit card company that you should just find another vendor.

Do the dispute with your credit card company and find someone on FABO selling a bumper.

Thanks for all the replys. I'm going to The same swap meet (Madison Classics- Fall Jefferson) this weekend. Maybe these guys will be there, and I can find out something. My charge card company is working on it all so.

Yep. This is fraud.
Gather your records and call your credit card company.

Take a look at the address on something like MSN.com/maps or another map web search. I did and didn't see any building with that name on it.
Sorry.

No luck ABC Restorations were not at the swap. So my charge card co. (Cabelas), will have to do it for me.
AAt least I picked up some LED stuff, for my cars.

Had a similar problem years ago. I contacted the people who ran the swap meet. THEY will have information on the people who were at their swap meet. Do you have a rechromable core. I will tell you all an unpleasant truth about chrome service. You TOTALLY get what you pay for. There are a few high end places like Paul's and Advanced Plating in Tennessee that do EXCELLENT work and are honest and you wont be begging for your parts 6 months later. The difference between their work and most other shops is jaw dropping. You will never have to worry about them screwing you. I went through 3 hack shops before I learned my lesson.

Well on another thread some have done chrome wrapping of their bumpers, i went with a extreme chrome powder coating on my 67 dart. Its up in general discussion, under i figure is use a supporting vendor.

-
Back