busted tape measures

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Anybody have any busted...or worn out....or just one you would be willing to part with? Ernestina's quilting group needs them to make door prizes for next year's quilt show. If anyone would be willing to help her quilting guild out please let me know....

I got a 30 footer that wont retract by itself any more. Ready to through it across the yard! It's yours if that's what you need. PM me and I will send it to you.
Larry :glasses7:

I got a 30 footer that wont retract by itself any more. Ready to through it across the yard! It's yours if that's what you need. PM me and I will send it to you.
Larry :glasses7:
pm on the way...Thanks

Harbor Freight is giving them away with any purchase right now
HF only has so much useable junk that I buy from them. I have 6 or so that I have gotten form them free that I will be kicking in.

Dang INK, I just trashed over a dozen that have been hanging around for the last few months, sorry Bud.

I do not have any right now, but I am curious about what creative use they have found for them?

PM me your mailing addy Doug. I have one or two, lol. I also need it for the shirt logo, I could send them together.

Keep in mind, it won't be until next weekend when I get back to the house.

Pretty ingenious right there.

Well thats what I was thinking!

My last time home I tossed my broken one out, actually it was Dads but have had it for a few years. Frickin thing had a tear in it about 1foot in and a stripped screw too....trying to hold the halves together.

Pretty ingenious right there.

Well thats what I was thinking!

My last time home I tossed my broken one out, actually it was Dads but have had it for a few years. Frickin thing had a tear in it about 1foot in and a stripped screw too....trying to hold the halves together.

I had no idea what she needed the tape measure for until Ernie got home today. Think it is pretty clever myself.

Steve, seems damn near every tape measure I have ever had has split like you mentioned. When my Dad had the gutter business every one of his tape measures was split like that...he would just wrap some duct tape on them....

I tried to PM you regarding this but got a message that you have chosen not to receive private messages ? don't know what gives but I know I'm behind schedule on this it slipped my mind until a couple of days ago . The post office wants more than double thee cost of new tapes to ship the ones I boxed up so I was wondering if it would be inappropriate to send a little cash in a card instead ? drop me a pm and let me know whats up .

-
Back