C&E bodies Rant

-

oldkimmer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I’m mostly on here. FBBO less than 1/2 the time here. I was just on FCBO and FEBO and all there was is pop up ads. I won’t be going back as I couldn’t even read 1 ad let alone reply to it. Kim.

I’m mostly on here. FBBO less than 1/2 the time here. I was just on FCBO and FEBO and all there was is pop up ads. I won’t be going back as I couldn’t even read 1 ad let alone reply to it. Kim.
You're not a Gold member there I bet.

You could be part of the solution in those forums and post more and whine less, Just'sayin

I'm not on C-bodies. That may because I don't own a C-body? Lol. But I am on E-bodies. And I'm rarely there not because of site differences. It's because on forum content. E-bodies is a parts hunt site. Being E-bodies only produced two models. In only 5 years of production makes it certainly understandable that parts and options are much more limited. A-bodies have more room for performance upgrades. Thus produce better discussion topics. B-bodies have far more model and production options. Thus always something to new to learn.

JMO.

Interesting, I'm not a Gold Member anywhere, and I see more ad related problems here than at FCBO.

Alan

I might be in the few but i like the ads. If you have it set to personalize your ads, then it will show you stuff you might really be interested in. I have been on fabo and saw an ad for a flash sale I wasn't aware of and just like that, got a good deal. I buy tools, clothes, makeup, car parts, and everything else online.

Just now I am shopping a window gasket for my valiant and suddenly an ad popped from this outfit I never heard of and they seem to have what I need so I will be placing an order real soon. Thanks FAABO ads :)

I might be in the few but i like the ads. If you have it set to personalize your ads, then it will show you stuff you might really be interested in. I have been on fabo and saw an ad for a flash sale I wasn't aware of and just like that, got a good deal. I buy tools, clothes, makeup, car parts, and everything else online.

Just now I am shopping a window gasket for my valiant and suddenly an ad popped from this outfit I never heard of and they seem to have what I need so I will be placing an order real soon. Thanks FAABO ads :)
Don’t do it, Rani. There’s too many scammers out there right now, and if you haven’t heard of them and they have an unobtainable part, it’s a sure red flag for a scam! Please be careful ordering from unknown sources, and at least post the company that claims to have the item for public scrutiny.

@oldkimmer
Here is the fix so you can read FEBO forums without the on page ads.

Set your "Enhanced Tracking Protection" to Strict

On your Firefox browser (on android phone as this example)

20240116_134802.jpg

20240116_135129.jpg

20240116_135228.jpg

Then close and reopen the browser on FEBO.com
and no more center page ads.

Screenshot_20240116-133850_Firefox.jpg

Enjoy the many Mopar web sites without becoming a Gold member.

Allows non-gold members to go in and be able to read the forums.

Enjoy.....

☆☆☆☆☆

@oldkimmer

This Fix also works with the Desktop and Laptops too. (as in Post #10 above for the phones)

Here is another example of how you go in through "Settings" on the Firefox Browser, then go to "Privacy and Security", then change your settings from Standard to "Strict".

Settings>PrivacySecurity.png

Happy Surfing, Enjoy....

You could be part of the solution in those forums and post more and whine less, Just'sayin
My take on Kim, over the years, is that he is not a whiner. I'm 75, and Kim has been around for considerably longer

My solution? I just don't fuckin go there

I never get ads on "for trucks only" or "FCBO" FBBO, or FFMJBO although I spend the most time here amongst them, the ads here are beyond ridiculous.
When I had my last phone I tried one of the ad blockers, no, 2..... One was duck duck go, I forget the name of the other one. It was great for a while then I started getting bombarded with ads. Someone asked me "who do you think tracks you the most"? The ad blockers ... I could give a list of sites I'm on but this so e is by very far the worst one for ads. I spend more time "x"ing out ads than reading posts. There is no sensible way there should be THAT many ads allowed on any given forum, unless the ads are the subject of whatever website you're on... I can't see such a website existing for long. But I complain about it and the quantity of ads gets worse. I'm definitely fed up as I certainly do not come here for ads.
Why do I need to "x" out Temu 30 times in 10 minutes? And tok tok is just as bad.
IM SICK AND TIRED of ADS!!!!!!

@oldkimmer
Here is the fix so you can read FEBO forums without the on page ads.

On your Firefox browser (on android phone as this example)

View attachment 1716193260

View attachment 1716193264

View attachment 1716193266
Then close and reopen the browser on FEBO.com
and no more center page ads.

View attachment 1716193268

Enjoy the many Mopar web sites without becoming a Gold member.

Allows non-gold members to go in and be able to read the forums.

Enjoy.....

☆☆☆☆☆
Download uBlock Origin for free and it will stop that crap. I use a laptop for looking at these sites, and see zero ads since I got Ublock Origin!
This is a way better idea. I've got it as well and it's amazing. It also blocks ads on YouTube.

Please for the love of God, just use Firefox and add extensions, it'll make your life so much nicer when it comes to ads.

Last edited:
-
Back