CAD users help please

-

blue missile

Reaction score
There have been a number of you that have talked about using CAD for your projects. I have been CAD drafting for twenty five years, so the drafting is no my problem it's the conversion and posting or sending drawinge to someone without a CAD system that is cleaning my clock. The JPEGS and JIFS dont seem to turnout right. I have resorted to printing and scanning to get them in some sort of usable shape.
Before you ask I have Autocad and Autodesk's QuichCAD because they both talk to each other.
Your help is appreciated
Andrew

HEYtry and prind to file and make them pdf files open them up in adobe my 2 cents

Like cuda said, we sue the 955 software. Jsut got to put up the annoying ads.

Also look into DWF publishers... We use that a lot and it can be viewed in 3D by a another person. the viewer is free to, as long as quich cad cna print to DWF.

Also.

if you are sending to someone else using CAD look at your export options and see if there software is on there. Or try the DXF format... Most systems will convert them into whatever they use.

OOPS... You said without Cad system. Ignore this post... But the DWF publisher is the way to go.

in 2008 you have the publish command, i'm not sure how far back it goes - I publish drawings all day long in PDF for our shop to fabricate from.

-
Back