Calvert suspension on the street

-

2shelbys

Reaction score
Since my car has lost it's almost all original status as a result of the accident, I am going to do a very extensive restoration but go back to a more track-oriented setup. I am going to go with Calvert's Cal-Trac and monoleaf setup, and probably their front and rear shocks as well. I know the setup hooks well but my question is, how does the car ride on the street? I am not looking for the ride of an Imperial, nor for handling. It rides like a shopping cart and corners like a bus as it is being a big block A body with clamped SS springs and traction bars. I am just curious what those of you who have the setup think of it's street manners.

Depends on the amount of preload as far as stiff or not.

One way to quiet them down, wrap the bar that applies pressure to the spring with a rubber hose, no metal to metal. I know a few people that do this on street type cars. Very quiet.

You'll know its there. Even with the piece of rubber hose to quiet down, the solid front bushing transmits road noise throughout the car. Not terrible at all though. The extra noise is well worth the feel when you launch the car. Straight and true!

You'll know its there. Even with the piece of rubber hose to quiet down, the solid front bushing transmits road noise throughout the car. Not terrible at all though. The extra noise is well worth the feel when you launch the car. Straight and true!
I am sure I will feel the same way!

Thanks for bringing this question up. I've been considering the same set up for my BB Dart. And thanks for heads up on the noise reduction idea. Once again, FABO comes thru!!:-D

-
Back