Cam bearings how to change

-

Buschi340

Reaction score
anything Special to pay Attention for? How is it done most easy? Actually i only want to Change the first bearing. Do i really have to cut to get it out? There is no passage in the block like i know from small blocks... I can't even find the mopar part number for those bearings.

Special tooling required,alignment is critical. Now im sure someone will chime in, but my choice would be to have them all replaced. Many years back i went through something similar in a vw diesel.it was a high miler,not worth rebuilding. Required tooling and a reamer to size it. My favorite machinist made a bronze/aluminum bushing and a tool to install it. That commuter car ran for another 100,000 km's.

Special tooling required,alignment is critical. Now im sure someone will chime in, but my choice would be to have them all replaced. Many years back i went through something similar in a vw diesel.it was a high miler,not worth rebuilding. Required tooling and a reamer to size it. My favorite machinist made a bronze/aluminum bushing and a tool to install it. That commuter car ran for another 100,000 km's.
I have a Lisle (I think ) cam bearing remover/ installer. It wasn't all that expensive ($100+?). simple to use, take your time, try to line up holes well.

-
Back