cam bearings

-

highflyer

Reaction score
since I bent two pushrods,iv pulled out the motor and tore it apart..my question is does bending pushrods warrant changing out the cam bearings..im concerned about the excessive force on the cam and bearings when they bent..any ideas..j

Well, how do the cam bushings look? Does the cam spin free in them? Unless you see something that looks bad in the bushing, I would not worry about changing them.

............It should be fine, I would check for bent valves...check the piston tops that had the bent p r.............kim..........

Yes iv checked the pistons heads off..im waiting for springs from comp then ill take the valves out clean them and check for trueness ...don't see any marks except one slight mark on the edge of the dish ..j

IMO standard diameter pushrods would give long before anything is damaged on the cam or cam bearings. Most factory pushrods (if that's what you have) are puny things that you can nearly bend by hand.

IMO standard diameter pushrods would give long before anything is damaged on the cam or cam bearings. Most factory pushrods (if that's what you have) are puny things that you can nearly bend by hand.

Yer not kidding Tracy, when we tore into dads 273, I buggered up the crank gear position( wrong slot) and tried setting valves. Bent 2 push rods! This was with engine out of car and turning over with ratchet fairly gently. We replaced the pushrods and never worried bout the bearings.

-
Back