cam choices 6.1 n/a

-

Buschi340

Reaction score
well, since i build a replacement engine for my totalled 6.1 i am again at the cam question.
in my old one was a crower F14011. This cam is not damaged from the accident but after just one year it has marks on the lobes. All lobes. I am not happy with the surface Quality. Dont think my valve springs did that. they have the recommended pressure and height.
Cam specs are following.

Ok, i got an offer for a comp cam. Unknown grind. Seller says the specs will be 254 intake, 267 exhaust and 587 total lift.

I am definitly no cam expert and the thread here where a member explained everything very detailed got lost because of a board Crash 2 years ago or something.

Anyway, compared to stock and the crower the lift appears so extrmly high or???

Buschi, i have no clue about these new hemis....but the duration seems a little much to me for the application. Do you know the Lobe separation angle?

Regarding Lift: if there´s enough clearance, then why not?

Maybe you can post full data for the old and new cam.

BTW: a guy over here works at crower, and to me it seems that he knows his stuff. maybe contact him regarding the marks on the cam and see what the manufacturer has to say about?

Michael

6EAF7500-5643-41A8-B2F3-CB5615F85051.jpeg
Stock int valve lift acc to manual is 0.571? Never measured...

oh, these were the advertised duration numbers....i misunderstood this as the @.050" numbers.....actually it´s a pretty small cam, i´d upgrade of course with the 6.1 and the 4spd, at least 10° duration @.050".

this guy is here at the board and pretty helpful, dart19666 is his nick. And i like his car ;-)

Michael

Yes, it is strange a bit. They write the specs of nearly all they offer but those special re grinded comp cams not. The one I can get has just made some dyno pulls. The owner now decided to go turbo...

-
Back