Cam Endplay

-

scremn

Reaction score
Just finished installing a solid street roller in my 340. It is a Comp street roller.I am using a Hughes Engines cam bolt and washer. When i tighten the cam bolt,
I have no endplay.If i put a spacer between the cam and cam washer,then tighten the cam i have endplay.I think the cam snout might be a little too short.
So , what would be the proper endplay for this roller? Thanks for your input.

Just finished installing a solid street roller in my 340. It is a Comp street roller.I am using a Hughes Engines cam bolt and washer. When i tighten the cam bolt,
I have no endplay.If i put a spacer between the cam and cam washer,then tighten the cam i have endplay.I think the cam snout might be a little too short.
So , what would be the proper endplay for this roller? Thanks for your input.

That's not endplay you're getting - that's the gear wandering up and down the cam snout. The endplay is produced behind the cam gear.

If you're using one of the Progear timing sets the chamfer on the rear of the gear is way bigger than any other timing set I have looked at. This means it contacts the cam further out on the shoulder, reducing endplay.

Difficult to explain without pretty pictures...

I had the same issue, resolved by taking a few thou off the thrust plate until I had .0035" end play.

Thanks Mopar Anglia, i appreciate the help.

-
Back