camshaft

-

highflyer

Reaction score
NEW cam coming...iv broke it down to comp xe 268h or a erson hi flow AH.number E 420322 ..anybody used this erson cam..i didn't want to replace the springs but I guess ill just get springs to match.id like to use what I have but I don't know what iv got in springs now they are lite blue paint marked .still cleaning heads and pulled motor sunday..

You need new springs anyway, either way. The Comp grind runs circles,around the Person. These run GREAT in older builds. ,my honest opinion. You left out the whole combination .btw... Let's see some info.

360 .03 over 1.88 j heads stock ex mans tti exhaust 3.55 gear 4 sp..rpm but im going to change to a weind stealth edd 5 arb stok elec ing balanced..lock and heads surfaced for trueness...

edd 5 ? Does that mean a 500 cfm edelbrock carb. I think that cam will work great with your combo. The carb is fine but a 600 or a little larger carb would really wake it up.

I have a 360 .040 over, 9.5 pistons , edelbrock performer rpm, 650 thunder, j heads . Just installed the 268 with pro mags. The factory rockers were at the limit and talking. 3.55 rear was ok, but it really felt better when I put the Coan 2500 stall converter in. Comp claims it works with the stock converter. While it doesnt really fall on its face it does need more converter. Good cam though. It rips on the highway. I replaced a 60401 voodoo cam.

edd 5 = 1405 carb...I don't like the idea of the stock rockers being that close to pinching.with the 480 lift so ill probably get a diff cam more like something like 45 to 465 lift..im looking for some thump and lump at idle and good streetability ..doesn't have to be max HP..j

Take some of the springs you have to a machine shop and have them checked. Then you can make a good decision.

-
Back