Can anyone ID this camshaft?

-

70Hardtop

Reaction score
I pulled this cam out of a previously rebuilt 71 340 engine. My guess is that the engine was rebuilt in the mid to late 80's It is in good condition and i am looking to see if anyone here recognises the numbers or the symbol stamped on it. The symbol looks like a hairy spider. It is definitely a spider. There is also what looks like a large nail next to it. I know its a long shot, but somebody might know. Numbers are 45H07 and #14380. I have posted some pictures. Perhaps an old Sig Erson? .Thanks

cam4.jpg

cam1.jpg

Does anyone recognise this symbol or these numbers? Came out of a 71 340 engine. It is a mild street hydraulic, I measured the lift at the lobe 0.311" and at the valve = 0.467". Thanks

Schneider cams. I believe they are in San Diego area. They have a website and are pretty prompt in answering questions.

Your cam numbers is 145H07 part#14380.It is a Schneider cam but it must be a old grind or a custom cam.Call them at Phone: (619) 297-0227
You can email jerry @ [email protected] . Give him your info and he will get back in touch you. Mark

Thankyou guys so much! A fellow here in Oz said it was a Schneider but i didn't believe him as i could not see a Maltese cross in that picture. But now i can, the stamp has jumped and formed a shadow and the hair on the spider is actually the "S" inside the cross. The stamp was not straight eitehr so it is only half formed. Amazing what you can see when you look from another perspective. I have emailed Jerry and see what they say

thanks again!

-
Back