Can anyone post a link to the electronic dash voltage limiter instructions???

-

rednesss

Reaction score
I've searched for about 45 minutes and can't find it. I know there is a detailed instruction page out there that shows how to build one. I thought you could buy one already made as well. I have a 68 cuda btw. Thanks.

Thanks, I swear I came across a site a while back that had them available to just buy already assembled. I don't mind building one, but for a few bucks if someone already has one made then my time can be spent elsewhere.

Here is a source for a electronic IVR, they will take your core & convert it ($29.95) or buy one already done ($39.95). Scroll nearly to the bottom of the page below for the elect instrument voltage regulator....

http://www.gcartrim.com/Instrument Clusters.htm

I remember seeing someone seeling them for $25 last year, but for the life of me do not remember where ?

It's a little different for your Cuda because the IVR is integrated into the fuel gauge. I just used the 7805 on a heat sink mounted to the back of the dash. I took the fuel gauge apart and placed a piece of mylar between the regulator contacts (it still worked sometimes and didn't want to destroy it) to ensure it was out of the picture. The wires then are mounted under the fuel guage terminals for 12v and the 5v feed for the other gauges.

Been working fine for about 6 years now.

That's what I ended up doing. Went down to the local electronics parts store, got a 7805 and wired it up, even threw in a capacitor like one of the plans said. BTW you want to watch the polarity on capacitors, else they tend to blow up like firecrackers, ask me how I know this ](*,) I usually get about 4.92 volts or thereabout. I almost wish I had built the variable one.

Their are several pages about "do it yourself" solid state regulators. The problem is ALL of them provide incomplete information. Look for something simple as "heatsink compound "on any of them. It can make a huge difference in relyablitiy. There is a material called "sil pad" that is even better. They wont tell you anything about wire type needed either. One webpage says "gently bend the leads of the regulator." Now open any electrical devise you own and look for lead bending. It's just not common or acceptable practice. I could go on all day but I wont. www.demonivr.com

-
Back