can someone help

-

340wedge1971

Reaction score
i have a 73 dart swinger,i am trying to install my power steering pump and i am not sure how my brackets go back on.i took them off 4 years ago.can someone post some close-up pics to show me how its mounted?it is a 1970 318.There is 4 brackets involved with a sleeve and of course bolts.here is a pic of the brackets/bolt kit,any input would greatly help!

Attachments

• powersteer.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 150
i have a 73 dart swinger,i am trying to install my power steering pump and i am not sure how my brackets go back on.i took them off 4 years ago.can someone post some close-up pics to show me how its mounted?it is a 1970 318.There is 4 brackets involved with a sleeve and of course bolts.here is a pic of the brackets/bolt kit,any input would greatly help!

anyone?

If you wait til tomorrow in the AM, I will snap some pics for you of mine, but its too dark out currently. sorry dude

Same here. Bump the thread if it doesn't come up in the morn.

I just found mine still assembled in a box. Gimme a few minutes and I'll put up some pics for ya.

Here ya go, lemme know if you need more.

PS1.JPG

PS2.JPG

PS3.JPG

PS4.JPG

340wedge1971,

I collected many photos recently since pulling hair figuring out how to mount things since switching my '65 to the 70+ aluminum water pump. I am going w/ the Federal pump, but you show brackets for the more common Saginaw pump.

The triangle bracket w/ the captive nut mounts to the lowest 2 bolts on the timing cover. The other brackets mount to two water pump bolts. Coat all threads w/ gasket sealant since most tapped holes penetrate into either water or crankcase.

For other readers, mounting the steering pump to the older cast iron water pump is simpler (to '69, TRW pump only?). That water pump has a tab with a third hole that extends past the timing cover for the PS pump's pivot bolt. For some reason, they took the tab away on the alum pump and "simulate" it with the two triangular steel brackets. Perhaps they first tried a hole but the aluminum cracked. Nothing like steel.

Attachments

• Saginaw pump 1.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 133
  • Saginaw pump 2.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 340 Saginaw pump.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 164
  • 340 Saginaw non-AC 2.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 149
I found all my brackets and bolts,ran into a problem though,i have lost my sleeve that goes between the brackets,any suggestions?

Go to hardware store (with bolt in hand), purchase a foot of pipe just a bit bigger than bolt.
Take home and cut to fit.

If you want purty, there are many chrome spacer tubes usually for alternators (I think same bolt diameter). Summit and ebay. Also, I think the "Chrome" drawers at Ace includes spacers, nice but pricey (like $4/bolt).

-
Back