Can Trovit be trusted? Why is this so cheap?

-

Gold Crusader

Reaction score
Hey guys!
So, I always find awesome and interesting deals on trovit. Now, some of the deals seem... let's just say too good to be true. Does anyone here trust trovit? Done any purchasing from the site?

Check out this 440 Roadrunner: 1971 Plymouth Road Runner

It just seems too good to be true when I'm seeing other Roadrunners with similar specs going for like $60,000.

Hey guys!
So, I always find awesome and interesting deals on trovit. Now, some of the deals seem... let's just say too good to be true. Does anyone here trust trovit? Done any purchasing from the site?

Check out this 440 Roadrunner: 1971 Plymouth Road Runner

It just seems too good to be true when I'm seeing other Roadrunners with similar specs going for like $60,000.
Well, I don't know if trovit is legit or not, as I have no experience with it. But, I do know that car values don't seem to be high in Idaho, so it could be priced to sell for area.

Burley is a small town in south-eastern Idaho about 1/2 way between Boise and Salt Lake City Utah and is pretty much all agriculture and livestock. In other words, its not a vacation destination spot unless you go to the fossil beds or balanced rock, and even then its ok, we've seen it, lets go grab a burger.

That being said, as with anything else on the interweb, its buyer beware. I wouldn't do it unless I could physically compare the title to the VIN#. Nice looking car though.

Never heard of Trovit, but that ad's a BS scam of some sort.

There are a bunch of Plymouths if you do a search that seem to be too good to be true on that site.

Never heard of them so did a search.
I look up 70 Cuda. Other then a couple
being around $17000, most were in the $60-80,000 range. 2 Looked up
Ford F350 4x4. It brought up trucks in my area , prices are in line with what I have been seeing , $ 48 - 50 ,000 +. I would rather buy hands on especially
at that price range.

Never heard of them so did a search.
I look up 70 Cuda. Other then a couple
being around $17000, most were in the $60-80,000 range. 2 Looked up
Ford F350 4x4. It brought up trucks in my area , prices are in line with what I have been seeing , $ 48 - 50 ,000 +. I would rather buy hands on especially
at that price range.
Pictures are deceiving. Could be a quick body work job and fast paint job on top of rust. The ad doesn't say anything about it being all original. I'm guessing if the ad is for Real you're going to be pretty disappointed when you go to look at it.

I don't know but whoever wrote that sales description is Mr. Bullshit himself.............

...or it could be simple bait and switch.

All of the good cars for cheap prices "just sold", but all of the regular cars at market prices, or classics at high prices are still available

We know you've been dreaming about one of these cars and saving..
Everyone's looking for a deal... (How to save money!)
My best advice for you is to take a simple basic mechanics class at the local Community College...

There is a lot of AG money in the Burley area and a lot of car guys . Who knows ? Worth a chance.
My brother watched an ad online for a 1970 GTO for a few months before traveling down to Iowa from Minneapolis.
He came home with a Ram Air IV 4sp Judge with 40k original mile , 1 owner car !
Paid 13,000 ! I got to drive it around that summer while visiting.

BTW. Jim Wangers told him it was probably the only one built with a bench seat. Original owner said he ordered it tgat way because it was lighter and he wanted to beat the Chevies in Des Moines ... lol

There is a lot of AG money in the Burley area and a lot of car guys . Who knows ? Worth a chance.
My brother watched an ad online for a 1970 GTO for a few months before traveling down to Iowa from Minneapolis.
He came home with a Ram Air IV 4sp Judge with 40k original mile , 1 owner car !
Paid 13,000 ! I got to drive it around that summer while visiting.

BTW. Jim Wangers told him it was probably the only one built with a bench seat. Original owner said he ordered it tgat way because it was lighter and he wanted to beat the Chevies in Des Moines ... lol
Who knows. Right place at the right time. Never hurts to research , if nothing else you can hire a car appraiser in the area to look at it and send you pictures.

Yeah ... That I wouldn't do.

A guy I know bought a 68 Barracuda Conv online. Hired a “ Professional Appraiser” to inspect it and bought it on his recommendation.....
Well Tony had to work in Vegas when the car was scheduled to arrive so I took delivery and stored it until he got back.
Not what I would call restored ! Cheap repaint with no trim removal, overspray , interior marginal , engine bay just cleaned up a little....etc

He payed 18k for that car in 2001 !
I didnt have the heart to give him my opinion.
Who knows. Right place at the right time. Never hurts to research , if nothing else you can hire a car appraiser in the area to look at it and send you pictures.

-
Back