Can you ID ignition boxes and distributors from their numbers

-

str12-340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I bought a car recently with retrofitted Mopar electronic ignition (originally points). Can anyone ID the ignition box and distributor from the numbers printed or engraved on tags? I understand that the quality of both units depends on the specifics and I'm trying to figure out if these are good to use on a street car with a mildly hopped up 340 or 318.
Here are the numbers on the boxes:
412 0505 and under it 0810 and a pentastar, under the pentastar 17778F
and the extra in the glove box: 4120505 and under it 0308 and a pentastar
They are both orange boxes with a blue and silver pieces attached.

on the distributor tag: 3690430 and above it 22 0 and in the corner an upside down 2,
and on the vacuum advance unit: 3656066

Thanks for any light you can shed on these!

Yeh it's called 2.94 seconds on Google.......

I was actually hoping someone could help with additional information. Like what the intended application of the orange box is, and whether this distributor was made before Mopar gave production over to Accel and the quality dropped...

I don't know what you expect. MP claims these are a performance box good for something over 6K, less than the chrome box. BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN that those "claims" hold water, especially with modern "importing." Look up an MP catalog and see what they say. Who knows when the one you have was built, or what the internal quality actually might be

ecu chart 2.png

-
Back