Canadian boys (or whoever)...Where is a good place to get an engine rebuild kit?

-

moparfreak77

Reaction score
I am probably going to do a rebuild on my slant six this summer and I was wondering where a good/cheap place to get a rebuild kit is. A place that seems to have decent prices is www.hi-performance.com out of B.C. $180 for a /6, about $220 for an older 360.
The kit includes Piston Rings, Connecting Rod Bearings, Main Bearings and an Overhaul Gasket Set.
Hastings and Perfect Circle Piston Rings, Clevite 77 and ACL Bearings, and ROL Overhaul Gasket Sets.

Honestly I have never purchased a "rebuild kit" where everything came that way....I have purchased the component parts all in one visit but never a "kit"......try checking out United Auto Parts in Roseville Michigan, they have a website comes up on a google of thier name......maybe they have a kit or can assemble one for ya...worth a shot

I have bought engine kits from these guys before and had no problems. (think they are in Prince George) I took there price to a local engine build place in Calgary where I loive and they met the price, so I havn't used them for 2 years now.
But hey, if they are the cheapest go for it.

I have delt with Canadian High Performance also. The only thing I can say is make sure you know what you want. They sent me the wrong pushrods for my application and it ended up taking 5 months to get my refund. This was after me telling them I didn't need these pushrods but they insisted I did.

Jack

-
Back