Canadian Dart

-
Welcome from Missouri! I really like the wheels, they look great on your Dart.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! If there are any other members of FABO with one of these Specials I would love to know and maybe see some pictures that you might have.

Danny, great to see you and your 72 Swinger 340 Special causing a stir here on FABO! Good stuff. And yeah, only the second '72, out of a possible 15 or 20 total, from Pembina Dodge in Winnipeg - with numbers matching 340, broadcast sheet and everything else intact – awesome. So, just for everyone out there, there were possibly 50 '72 Swinger 340 Specials built on 515 (May 15) of that year for Crosstown Motors in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and 15 to 20 built on 616 (June 16) for Pembina Dodge in Winnipeg, Manitoba. With both batches, it was no more than 70 units according to research on these rare little machines - so like Danny says, keep an eye out, because we've only found 9 alive and 3 dead and gone, but verified as of this date... Cliff

Great to hear from you Cliff, I'd like all the members and especially new members to FABO like myself that owe some thanks to a Mopar lover and Historian like Cliff Guinand. It was Cliff's years of research and digging and posting on sites like this to try and find these cars and hopefully save some that I stumbled on FABO only to find out that the car that's been sitting in my garage for decades was one. Because of his efforts I now know what I have and it's got my car guy mojo (long dormant) going again. So thanks a lot Cliff and go FABO!

-
Back