Cancer

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Neighbor lost the battle Wednesday. Jim didn't want any sort of service, just to be cremated. Lifelong friend arranged for a simple viewing today. Get home to find out that a friend from Jersey lost his battle today.

Ugh. Sure am sorry, Doug. Now was this the guy that was......how shall we say.....not very nice? The neighbor, I mean. Either way, may he rest in peace. May your friend rest in peace also.

I hate that disease. Lost both my parents that way. Sorry for your loss.

Damn, sorry to hear. My brother in law passed last week of cancer. Damn stuff

Ugh. Sure am sorry, Doug. Now was this the guy that was......how shall we say.....not very nice? The neighbor, I mean. Either way, may he rest in peace. May your friend rest in peace also.
No, this Jim was a good guy. The other Jim has been gone for a couple years. He had pancreatic cancer. Had the Whipple surgery. Lived 7 weeks afterwards, 5 of them in the hospital. In the past 5 months 4 friends have passed. Ernies son passed in August as well.

My condolences to you to you and all the family Doug, two brothers and my mother taken to early by this C stuff.

This disease needs to be controlled, daughter in law is going through this now, 31 yrs old

This disease needs to be controlled, daughter in law is going through this now, 31 yrs old
On my prayers list now Pete, lost an old roady/singing friend just 9 days ago..
Kim is older then 31 I believe, so I guess I don't know her .

No, this Jim was a good guy. The other Jim has been gone for a couple years. He had pancreatic cancer. Had the Whipple surgery. Lived 7 weeks afterwards, 5 of them in the hospital. In the past 5 months 4 friends have passed. Ernies son passed in August as well.
Dang Doug. Yall have our condolences.

Holy hell...phone rang. One of Ernies friends passed away yesterday.

Cancer has had a huge uptick lately. I was diagnosed with Colon Cancer in December a week before Christmas. On December 30 I had surgery to remove about a foot of my colon. I was suppose to start chemotherepy today however my port in my chest had an issue with the tube being looped and they needed to so an emergency surgery to fix that up. Looks like Monday will be my first of doses every other week.

Riddler

I got it.

Diagnosed from biopsy, genetic testing and PET scan last month, adenocarcinoma lung cancer.
I'm totally fucked.

On Tuesday my Dr. said start Palliative care and get your advanced directive and affairs in order.
I'm scared, Family is sad.

Can't take it with me this time ... All my Mopar (and other) stuff will have to be sold.
Being a hoarder with separation anxiety and getting a death sentence is a very messy combination.

I got it.

Diagnosed from biopsy, genetic testing and PET scan last month, adenocarcinoma lung cancer.
I'm totally fucked.

On Tuesday my Dr. said start Palliative care and get your advanced directive and affairs in order.
I'm scared, Family is sad.

Can't take it with me this time ... All my Mopar (and other) stuff will have to be sold.
Being a hoarder with separation anxiety and getting a death sentence is a very messy combination.
OMG. So sorry to hear this. I really feel for you and you family and friends. Kim

Sorry to hear such news.

But at age 75 I see class
mates and friends pass pretty regularily I hate to say.
Wife said a friend and neighbor passed just yesterday that fought prostrate cancer for 30 years, died of pneumonia. He was 69.

I had been diagoised with mild prostate cancer like 10-12 years ago. I go to a urologist every 6 months.
My take is no one is ready go go, unless life becomes unbearable. But, death is part of the cirle of life, just as being born and living is also.

My youngest daughter is 45. She has Chrones Disead=se and had her entire colon remved about 15 years ago. I cry every day thinkng of her. She has 4 kids, 2 still at home, works 40 hours a week, looks like a model. Single parent. Her words from years ago still are embedded in my brain "Dad, I have acceptable quality of life. If I did not, then I would feel........"

-
Back