Capacitor/condenser on back of instrument cluster on a 70 Dart?

-

David Eldridge

Reaction score
Just trying to get a bit of info on the little capacitor/condenser that hooks into the left circuit board of a 70 Dart. The circuit board is bad. I'm replacing it along with the voltage limiter. Also trying to find out the name of this little capacitor, what it does, and see where I can get a new one. I'm having a hard time finding a new one. Any info would be great.

The factory voltage limiter and capacitor are pretty expensive to replace....... Unless you're doing a completely stock restoration, there is a way to make the same limiter and capacitor (solid state electronics that make a rock solid 5 volts) on the allpar website, and it's a LOT cheaper and works great!!! I did that in my car, now the temp and fuel gauges work like they're supposed to!!!! Check it out......

The factory voltage limiter and capacitor are pretty expensive to replace....... Unless you're doing a completely stock restoration, there is a way to make the same limiter and capacitor (solid state electronics that make a rock solid 5 volts) on the allpar website, and it's a LOT cheaper and works great!!! I did that in my car, now the temp and fuel gauges work like they're supposed to!!!! Check it out......

Yeah I would like to keep it stock. Really don't want to change any wiring or anything

Both Classic Industries and Layson's Restorations have the limiter, not sure on the capacitor...... When I made mine, I used the voltage limiter body for mounting, so no wiring had to made, uses the factory plug in on the board.......

Noise suppression capasitor. Prevented a pop noise from the mechanical limiter repeating in the radio speaker. I wouldn't think it needs replaced. If its not swollen or leaking its likely just fine to reuse.

-
Back