car all over the road...

-

Mrkidd

Reaction score
my steering is just crazy it doesnt really feel safe when i drive its power steering and if this thing hits a bump or a hole to turns whats a good way to get stiffer handling with a power steering box.....? what parts should i focus on....

I need to know more about suspension. How are the tires, shocks, suspension bushings, ball joints, tie rod ends and idler arm? If they are all new it could be alignment issues. Uneven caster on front makes for weird handling. Caster is inter-mingled with camber adjustment on a-bodies. Based on comments about bumps, I am thinking loose tie rod ends and more.

When everthing is correct, a-bodies handle quite well!

Before doing anything else do this. Get the front end up high enough so you can get underneath (ramps) but still have the weight of the front end on the front tires. With you laying on your back and the engine shut off have someone slowly and deliberately move the steering wheel back and forth. As he or she is doing this look for slop in the entire steering linkage. You should be able to see the steering column/shaft going into the box and corresponding motion coming out.

-
Back