Car Cover...Need one soon

-

Rodzilla

Reaction score
My Demon is a month or two from an expensive paint job being completed. Who makes the best covers? Its garage stored, just want it to keep dust off and accidental scuffs from happening. Willing to pay for good quality to save my paint. Thanks.

I've bought many covers for the cars I store outside and found the moderately priced ones to be the best deal. I've had Covercraft and Wolf and they're fine covers but others seem to be just as good for less $. The cheapy $25 covers are a waste of time and money. Never had one last more than a few months. Most of the cheap ones are real thin and don't protect against minor dings. I bought 2 covers from two different e-bay sellers about 9 months ago. The one from CSC in Los Angeles is holding up the best. It cost about $75 and the quality seems to be as good as the Wolf and Covercraft ones. It comes with the eyes in the middle to use a cable lock and also has quick disconnect straps on the ends to keep the cover from blowing off. A nice feature.

california car covers. they offer the most material options and the fit is phenomenal. other covers are too "universal" where as they actually make these ones for you if they don't have it in stock. i store my duster outside 365 days a year and i went with the "noah" fabric...expensive but will last many years! don't go with anybody else get a CCC!

My Demon is a month or two from an expensive paint job being completed. Who makes the best covers? Its garage stored, just want it to keep dust off and accidental scuffs from happening. Willing to pay for good quality to save my paint. Thanks.

if thats all you need it for, you dont need the best.

I have an expensive cover craft ($300) and a cheap ($30) costco one, wish I had my $300 back. I havent noticed much difference btwen the two. just get something cheap, thats all you need.

if its in your garage, i bet you $20, its not going to be moving around enough to damage your paint. The two I have seem to be made of the same material.

As 69dogedartgt said the Costco has been the best for the money for meand they are water proof. It will take an XL to fit as the lg. fits darts like tube tops fit pam anderson.

Don't use it on car for a while soon after freshly painting!

Believe me I know. Even after a few days is too soon, some ghosting may appear!!!
I'm just saying! LOL!8)

Don't use it on car for a while soon after freshly painting!

Believe me I know. Even after a few days is too soon, some ghosting may appear!!!
I'm just saying! LOL!8)

Agree with this 100%. You gotta give the paint solvents time to completely outgas. Talk with your painter and follow his recommendations regarding both covers and washing or waxing your new paint.

My vote on covers is also California Car Covers
http://www.calcarcover.com/

california car covers. they offer the most material options and the fit is phenomenal. other covers are too "universal" where as they actually make these ones for you if they don't have it in stock. i store my duster outside 365 days a year and i went with the "noah" fabric...expensive but will last many years! don't go with anybody else get a CCC!
Never had one last more than about 2 years outdoors.......the same as ones 1/3 the cost.

For indoors people will tell you that the cheap ones will work. I bought one from California covers many years ago and it was made with a fabric called Evolution 3. I think they have Evolution 4 out now. This fabric is breathable and durable. The cover have safely protected my car with kids getting bikes out and even having cats sleeping on it and it still is in decent shape. I say decent as it's 20 years old and is starting to show wear and will probably need replacing soon. With how well it held up I plan on replacing it with one just like it.

Thanks for the suggestions and I will definately talk to painter about how soon to use one. Cheers

-
Back