Car Craft Anti Tour

-

zhandfull

Reaction score
Well I finished up a few projects on the Dart.
Rebuilt front suspension
73 Disc brake upgrade
Gear Vendor overdrive
Some skinny front wheels & tires

Just need an alignment. Then next Friday think I'm going to join the Car Craft Anti Tour. http://www.carcraft.com/eventcovera...raft_anti_tour_dates_and_itinerary/index.html
It's about a 200 mile drive up the coast to Morro Bay for a Friday night cruise and Saturday car show.

I'm not much of a car show guy nor do I have a show car, but the drive looks outstanding up to Morro Bay. On a side note wow! the 73 disc brakes really work alot better than the old 10" drums. The gear vendor overdrive also seems to be nice on the freeway. Lets me knock about 500 RPM off in overdrive or I can kick it up and drive in the fast lane now with my 4.10 gears.

Probably be about a 600 mile round trip next weekend for me hope the car and I hold up.

Attachments

• 68 Dart 048.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 390
You guys meeting what time on Friday morning at Turbonetics in Simi Valley??

I think 10am I'm a new on this run. Been wanting to do it for years.

I live about 2 miles away. I think I try to come over and check things out.

Milodon is across the street. And the Justice Brothers distributorship I work for is at the end of the street real close. We run a 7 car team of Irwindale circle track cars in two different classes out of that shop too.

I live about 2 miles away. I think I try to come over and check things out.

Milodon is across the street. And the Justice Brothers distributorship I work for is at the end of the street real close. We run a 7 car team of Irwindale circle track cars in two different classes out of that shop too.

That's cool they are doing a little shop tour 10 to 11. Looks like they have a few a bodies on the list to go so there may be some there besides mine. 33 cars on the list to make the drive total so far.

If they are not serving breakfast and you are looking for a place to eat the Egg House about 1 mile away is excellent.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...273815,-118.777013&spn=0.007341,0.019205&z=16

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1T4TSHB_enUS313US314&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=egg+house+simi+valley+menu&fb=1&gl=us&hq=egg+house&hnear=Simi+Valley,+CA&cid=0,0,15303974180625571699&ei=TvO8TdThMpK8sQO82rzHBQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=5&ved=0CDsQnwIwBA"]Google Maps[/ame]

That's cool they are doing a little shop tour 10 to 11. Looks like they have a few a bodies on the list to go so there may be some there besides mine. 33 cars on the list to make the drive total so far.

I saw Bob Gough with a 67 Barracuda and Jim Signorilli on an early list.

I'll bring over my Cuda to see what's going on. Maybe the owner of Milodon will have his 68 Road Runner there.

Well tomorrows the day. We shall see if the Dart and I can make the 300 mile drive up to Morro Bay and the 300 mile drive back home in time for Mothers day on Sunday.

Car is ready, I'm ready and my 7 year old daugther says she is going with me. That will be really cool if she does but there is a 50% chance that might change by tomorrow morning we shall see.

Anyways hope to click a few photo's during the journey and post later.

Mark-
How did you do with the Tour? A bunch of us did it some years ago, and it was always a fun time!!! I'm sure you have some 'war stories'?

Dale

Mark will try to be over there before 10am. I have to see a couple of local customers, then I'll go back and get my car.

Made it back without the aid of a tow truck so the trip was a success. Have a bunch of pictures anybody interested, just a few Mopar but lots of other cool looking cars

Here is a picture of the meet up point in Simi Valley and my driving partner. She was along on the ride to keep me awake.

Attachments

• Morro Bay 002.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 238
  • Morro Bay 029.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 253
Neat meeting up with Mark. Some pics I took. I didn't go on the drive, I had to get back to work.

Attachments

• CCAntiTour2011Sm31.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 279
  • CCAntiTour2011Sm29.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 258
  • CCAntiTour2011Sm25.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 268
  • CCAntiTour2011Sm11.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 278
  • CCAntiTour2011Sm08.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 258
  • CCAntiTour2011Sm06.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 240
  • CCAntiTour2011Sm03.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 263
  • CCAntiTour2011Sm01.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 277
well give Los Osos (my Hometown) a wave! also if you want some great mexican food go to La cansita's in Osos...

What does "Anti Tour" mean? I haven't read Car Craft for years, is that why I'm clueless?

I'm not sure, think it's just a knock off on Hot Rods big power tour. Car Craft just puts together a last minute small 2-300 mile drive to a destination once a year around april may. They have been to Phoenix and Vegas for drag racing. This year was Morro Bay for the cruise and car show.

Attachments

• Morro Bay 022.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 191
  • Morro Bay 023.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 184
  • Morro Bay 026.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 194
  • Morro Bay 046.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 199
Made it back without the aid of a tow truck so the trip was a success. Have a bunch of pictures anybody interested, just a few Mopar but lots of other cool looking cars

Here is a picture of the meet up point in Simi Valley and my driving partner. She was along on the ride to keep me awake.

lol what a great pic

Big time car show up in Morro Bay. I didn't even bring Armor All for the tires. But this guy brought all the props and even beach sand and sand castle's

Attachments

• Morro Bay 078.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 199
Awesome that your car made the entire trip!!!! A definite feather in the cap. I can only hope for that my next time with these guys. There just better be some CNG filling stations along the way!!!
Dale

Awesome that your car made the entire trip!!!! A definite feather in the cap. I can only hope for that my next time with these guys. There just better be some CNG filling stations along the way!!!
Dale

LOL.. That would be great to see you on the next one. They had a 140 mile run between gas stations at one point. The green 70 Cuda only had a 10 gallon fuel cell and a 5 gallon spare reserve gas can. He still ran out about 1 mile from the gas station.

My Dart did great although my rear tires will rub the outside fender lips on hard cornering. I guess I was smoking the tires a bit in the tight turn mountain area's may need to roll or trim the rear fender lips for mountain driving.

I'm not sure, think it's just a knock off on Hot Rods big power tour. Car Craft just puts together a last minute small 2-300 mile drive to a destination once a year around april may. They have been to Phoenix and Vegas for drag racing. This year was Morro Bay for the cruise and car show.

Thanks! Looks like fun.

-
Back