Car finds

-

HemiPar

Reaction score
Well guys as usual. I found a 73'ish Duster way back in the woods at the end of a gravel road the other day (road ended in a pasture. Disk brakes bucket seats with a colum shift and /6. BACK IN THE WOODS I TELL YOU!!! I found a house near by so I went to find some one to talk to. As i drove the few hundered feet to the house I looked deeper into the woods and seen MORE cars. Pulled into the driveway and seen that the other cars were all MoPar's. 77'ish Valarie, 73'ish Scamp, 73 Swinger, 2-72'ish Valint, 75'ish Polara, 74'ish Ram, and an 85'ish Ram. My jaw just dropped. All the cars were complete. One had front end damage. Most had NO SEEN rust, or very little. So I went to the trailer, knocked on the door ( a few times) a man around 55-60answered. I told him my name and that I was fixing up a Swinger and wondered about the cars. He said that they were all his but he had just SOLD them all the day prior to me being there. Told me he could not remember the name of the guy he sold it to but he was comming later this week to start moving everything. I ask if I gave him my number if he would give it to the new owner of the cars. he said he would. He let me go and look at them but said not to take anything off the cars.
So now I am hoping that I get a call from the new owner but I really think that the guy did not want to sell anything. I have a buddy that works for the farmer that owns the pasture so he will keep an eye to see IF the cars start moving or just sit there longer. I just wonder how can you have one of the best "FIND" days and yet be the worst ever. To know that all that is there and can't touch it. So this is to just let you folks know that there are still cars out there just need to find the owner. I did not ask the guy if he had titles for any of them. It was like he really did not want me there in the first place but did not wanna be to rude. He watch me like a hawk from afar.

Yes you are so right Hemi par!! I have lived around here for over 30 years and I always have an eye out and still find some close by.
I can't blame the old guy, He probably has had his share of parts thieves.
Hope you get a phone call from him.:cheers:

Speed I like your thinking. And just to inform you all, it has been a week and the cars are still there.

I hope the old guy dosen't tell the same story to everyone that looks at those cars??? I've been watching a 66, 383, Satellite, by a deserted garage, in a rural community, for the past three years. Nobody seems to have the owners phone number. My wife thinks I'm crazy, but no matter where we drive, I'm looking at all possibilities. It's a sickness I guess. Howard

-
Back