car from Ebay

-
I know on this site there is a Mopar VIN decoder

is there a site that can decode the fender tag?

it has the spring mount boxes on it.. only 4 speed cars usually had them... that hood tach is ugly where it is... looks like jc whitney seat covers too.

J45: Hood Tie Down Pins
M43: Grille Trim Moldings
N41: Dual Exhaust
N95: Emissions Control

R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V88: Tranverse Stripes, Deleted
YO5: Unknown
END: End of Sales Codes

D21: 4 Speed Manual Transmission

I thought the guy explained all of this in the description....."four speed hump is still in it if you want to convert back, weekend warrior, and if you are looking for perfection don't look any further, wrong color etc"
I don't think the car is misrepresented at all.

I'm curious about the seats too. The headrests look right for a 70 but I've never seen an armrest in a 70 (not saying they weren't an option). Missing the front hood trim. Those tachs always look off on a Dart hood. I wouldn't be surprised if it's had some parts swapped to another body, but those "old" pictures he says he has might prove otherwise. Either way, he's not far off for a cool cruiser.

I'm wondering if that might be a real T/A motor. It has the correct carb studs (I know they aren't in the current Mopar repro stuff) & also has a different throttle return spring bracket than the repops. The throttle cable bracket looks different than the repop I have too. Also, while they don't look like the correct ones, bolts are used to hold down the carbs, just like the factory did, instead of studs & nuts like most people use. The manifold is painted engine color like the factory did (I know it would hard for me to paint an aluminum manifold. They look so cool in as-cast color). The real kicker for me is that it has the anti-dieseling solenoid (or whatever they called it) with the correct bracket. Sure would like to see the casting numbers on the block & what's under the valve covers.

Decoding of Fender Tag: Botttom to Top, Left to Right​
CodeDescriptionE55340 - 4 Barrel (6 - Barrel w/ A53 Code)D21Heavy Duty 4-Speed Manual TransmissionLM23document.write(decodeVin("LM23H0R182656",1));L = Dodge Dart / Demon
M = Medium
23 = 2 Door Hardtop

H0Rdocument.write(decodeVin("LM23H0R182656",2));H = 340 275HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
0 = 1970
R = Windsor, ONT, CAN
182656Sequence Number '182656'EK2Paint Code: Go-Mango / Vitamin C Orange
D2T5document.write(decodeInterior("D2T5"));Trim Grade/Style/Color
D = Deluxe
2 = Vinyl Bench
T5 = Saddle Tan
FT6Upper Door Frame: Dark Tan Metallic / Burnt Tan IridC05document.write(getTheYear("C05","0"));Date Built: 12 / 05 / 1969070677Order Number: 070677EK2Roof Type OR Color: Go-Mango / Vitamin C OrangeJ45Hood Tie Down PinsM43Grill Surround MoldingN41Duel Exhaust w/o TipsN95Nox Exhaust Emission ControlR11Music Master Radio AMV88Delete Transverse R/T StripeY05Built to U.S. SpecifactationsENDEnd of Codes

I have looked at this car it was for sale in a frount yard on old rt53 just before north av in itasca il it did look good from what i saw.It did not say any thing about a six pack on it when i saw it that was in march of this year. I was going to pick roofing from down the street. I told my buddy about it the next day and it was gone. ed

Looks like somebody used the Buy It Now. Just speculating, but if it was a real T/A motor somebody probably got their money's worth.

-
Back