car names

-

daredevil

Reaction score
What did you name your car or what do you call it and why? This should be fun. I named my swinger Soylent Green due to the color.

What did you name your car or what do you call it and why? This should be fun. I named my swinger Soylent Green due to the color.
us rednecks down in Wv refer to my Dart as Dale. the part about the rednecks is all the explaning youll ever need. lol

I dont name them . I did refer to my 87 Fury as my big furius red ride.

that makes sense. 4100 pounds of in your face get out of my face red rideness. lol. im the dude playin a dude disquised as another dude. all i gotta say

We've been calling my Dart "The Hulk" , the car is sublime - and this is may be going on the hood between the scoops :

hulkfan2small.jpg

It's Slimer ... LimeLight with some ultra fine gold metal flake added, and my favorite little ghoul in GhostBusters. If it ever gets registered, I'll probably have that on my license plate too.

You're right Pete -- this will be a fun thread.

Back in 1987, I had a 1974 Dart Swinger that I bought at a wrecker sale. I originally bought it for a parts car, but it ran so well, I used it for a driver.

I named her Beulah Bob and everyone referred to her as Beulah. No one called her the car or the Dart. It was Beulah.

I brought my daughter home from the hospital in Beulah.

My wife cried when I sold her two years later. I sure wish I hadnt done that!

We call mine Scampy

We have a 99 Explorer called Honeydoo, because its got one of those voice recorders with garage door opener thing on the visor, Lame huh?

I call my car Sweetness, cause it's real dark blue verging on black, and the only thing that ever ran that well in that colour was Walter Payton.

It kinda hurts, being a die-hard Niners fan, but he was one of a kind. :cheers:

I named my car Lil' Debi
I have heard comments like "well you must be secure in your manhood"
but the truth of the matter is, it was done because my wifes name is Debbie and I told her that she and this car are the loves of my life.
It put a smile on her face but of couse the got the comment from her that I only did it to justify all the money I've been dumping into the car.
See you can NEVER win.

5-4-08 photos 013.jpg

I named my car Lil' Debi
I have heard comments like "well you must be secure in your manhood"
but the truth of the matter is, it was done because my wifes name is Debbie and I told her that she and this car are the loves of my life.
It put a smile on her face but of couse the got the comment from her that I only did it to justify all the money I've been dumping into the car.
See you can NEVER win.

Lil'Debel would be cute if you were to build a Demon. The cuda is sharp.
Can I say I eat Little Debbie almost every morning ? No **** intended. LOL
Oameal creme one day, fig bars the next. Good groceries :)

my DUSTER s name is Sunny a.k.a ( Snuffleupagus,) cause of the Greek mechanics that rules the tracks here in quebec with their 73-76 Dusters , ahahhaah

and theres a lil demon character behind my logo cause my personal mechanic and best friend .used to have a pro-street demon , and it was so so mean !!!

GOOD.jpg

I've owned 52 vehicles (so far) and only four have had names

1) 65 Dart 4 door 170 LToP "Sewing Machine" you own one, you understand

2) 67 Sport Fury vert "Land Yacht"

3) 69 Super Bee "Spot" had 1/4 scoops that were painted white on an F8 car, but the name went away after it was painted

4) 73 Ford Van "Fat Freddie" after one of the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers

Well lets see, My moms favorite nickname for my Duster is " the POS" that gets used a lot. When i get the whole car painted orange i was thinking about "The juice" or "Sunny D" short for Sunny Delight. Suggestions comments? Im pretty sure "pos" is out of the question...

73DusterComplete-v1.jpg

My wife cried when I sold her two years later. I sure wish I hadnt done that!
You sold your wife?????!!!! Wow! Didn't know you could do that. Dumped my 'ex' years ago and kept the house, the kids, and the car. Wonder what I coulda got for her? LOL

Mine was named by my three year old daughter ...... Clifford The Big Red Dodge (Dog) after the cartoon.

73 Ford Van "Fat Freddie" after one of the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers

That's a classic !!! :thumleft:

I had "freak brothers racing team", and a mural of the freak brothers, on the trunk lid of my 68 Barracuda. 8) Tim

Mine got named by my three year old daughter. "Clifford" after the cartoon clifford the big red dog "dodge".

My red Scamp just got named Scampi because I was trying to think of something for a user id for the forum and it just popped into my head. Of course scampi is a pasta dish and I haven't quite figured out the connection yet. The Plum Crazy Scamp was named "Scampette" by J.R's girlfriend. I'm not sure what to call it other than "the purple one". Maybe I can think of something by the time it hits the street. I did have a 1957 Lincoln Premiere Landau for a while that was white. I simply called it Moby-D, or the white whale.

-
Back