Car parts or food. How bad do you want to eat?

-

Mopar-Man

Big Block Better Burnout
Reaction score
Ya know, these meat prices are getting a LITTLE out of control these days. I just got home from Publix, which is a supermarket chain in Florida. Some of the prices were a little shocking to say the least. I ended up with a container of oatmeal and some coffee! Split Mono's from Calvert sound like a better place to put my dollars than this!

20180421_163300.jpg

I ate ramen for lunch, 2 packages to be exact. But got a fuel pump for my $400 fiero GT project. So that ought to sum it up!

I ate ramen for lunch, 2 packages to be exact. But got a fuel pump for my $400 fiero GT project. So that ought to sum it up!

I like how this man thinks!

I tell ya what, if you want a cheap, HEARTY meal put some meat in the ol' crock pot with some red potatoes, baby carrots, sliced garlic cloves, portabella mushrooms, yellow onion, and some beef or chicken stock. Price per meal is pretty low and man, is it good! Put the extras in some Tupperware containers and freeze it for later.

My favorite cheap meal is a pork roast chopped up over rice and brown gravy. But I'll definately eat a steak or two after I sell this fiero off.... Hopefully.

To be fair to the store, you are looking at a Rib Roast there, AKA Prime Rib. It isn't any cheaper here. Kinda silly to complain about how much Prime Rib costs. Grab a chuck roast for $3 a pound and toss it in the crock pot like Mopar-Man said.

Cheesy grits!!!!.. BUT< Eating car parts helps with weight loss....

With the Chineese tariffs on PORK, it could get real cheap!!????? Put a pork roast in crock, low all day, drain off grease, pull it and put some of it in skillet with sweet bbq sauce, makes good eats...... (taken from the book: "Idiots guide to redneck BBQ!)

-
Back