Carb Question

-

Dizzydean

Reaction score
Good Day,Has anyone tried running 2 2bbls on the dual 1 intake? How 'bout something else? I did some questioning and so far a shop wants to put 2 350's on it. I thought it was a bit excisive for a mildly built 6er. Any suggestions,ideas,hints or references are greatly appreciated. Thanks. Dean

you might want to try over at slantsix.org but in my opinion a combined CFM of 700 is more than a bit much, but as long as the venturies are small enough to keep air/fuel velocity high enough it might work.
For reference:
http://www.buicks.net/shop/reference/carb_cfm.htm
and remember that 2bbl carbs are rated from 3 inches of Hg not 1.5 like 4bbl

I looked into the holley 2300 series and they havr to be detuned quite a bit for max operation. Since the openings are very small what about a set of the stromberg 97's or holley 94"s. There both small on the venturi side like about 1 1/16. Thay seem closer to the 1bbl opening than the 2300 holley. Just curious. :wav:

Why not a small 4bbl on an Offy 4bbl manifold? I ran a Holley 390cfm vacuum secondary 4bbl on my \6 until I did the v8 swap. It ran extremely well with that carb, headers and a mild cam.

The 4 bbl is not an option now cause I already bought the dual single. Looking for something different. I like the stroms and price wise Mr Stromberg has a very good deal.

-
Back