Carb Rebuild Problem, HELPPPPP Please

-

SDHomesteade

Reaction score
Greetings,

I rebuilt my F-2 Carb this afternoon and put in all the components that came with the kit, replaced the mechanical Fuel Pump with an electric one because mechanical ones are Obsolete and turned the ignition on and have fuel coming out of two brass tubes that come out of the top of the carb. Please see attached pictures. Anyone know what would Cause this??? I have never seen anything like this before. I also have a MPG of it showing the fuel coming out of those two tubes but can't upload it here as it's not a supported file type.

I need this Vehicle this weekend and thought it was going to be just like any other rebuild, quick and simple.

Dave

Attachments

• Img_1223.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 142
Float set to high, trash in the needle and seat, your electric pump is psi'ing to high (need regulator) for starters.

Yup, fuel getting pushed out the vent tubes , what el5demon340 said , just because their new doesn't make them right

Huh fuel line is low on the carb, 4-7 psi is a big spread, that carb may only work with 4 or less. You have a service manual ?

while checking the float , check the needle and seat , compare to the old one . got the wrong size once wouldn't allow float to close the fuel off when top was screwed on.

"I think".

Nuff said. Installing an electric fuel pump without a regulator and a fuel pressure gauge is like.....well nevermind.

I just dealt with scratching my head over the shooting fuel thing. My needle, seat, float, etc were checked, rechecked, and replaced. Turns out the regulator I bought had a start set point of 40psi, and would not go lower. It is freezing my whole turbo project now that i had to buy a new one and wait for it...

Fuel shooting out of the vent tube (which mine are bent over) reached the radiator. It was awesome... and saddening at the same time.

I bet it was maddening and saddening and awesome all at the same time Serj22.

I got it figured out, the tension spring on the Float was binding up and not letting the float move up and down. All is good on the Carb, and then when I go to start the damn thing, two of the 60 year old wiring decides to short out on the Starter Relay. One damn thing after another LOL. Got that Fixed just before dark hit and she's purring like a kitten again. Thanks for all the input guys.

And I am the type of person that compares Old parts with new parts, if they don't match, they don't go in. LOL

-
Back