carb size for mini blower

-

slowdown

Reaction score
So I just won the bid on the mini blower on ebay, and I am wondering about carb size.
I have a 680 quick fuel but I know it's not going to be the one I will need to use. I've read a boost ref carb is needed and a boost ref regulator is also required. The mini blower is one of those weiand ones, I think it's a 144 but the guy says it's a 174 but can't tell. I'm not sure either. But anyway it's going on a little 318 with a scat 4 inch stroke, scat rods, forged icon pistons, xe 284 cam, rhs heads with 2.02 in, hughes rockers, mp ignition orange box, 4 speed, 3:55 gears, headers 2.5 exh.
He said he had a 850 on it when it was on a 340 cu motor. I don't know that for sure just what he had printed on his answers to questions people asked out the blower.
I was looking to go with a paxton, but have always wanted the little blower on top of the engine look, even if it's not as efficiant as the centerfugal ones. I just happen to see it on ebay yesterday and new I had to bid on it. So thats where I am at. Carb info for a little supercharger. I'm sure I will need a better fuel pump as well, I have a eletric carter but I don't think it will keep up. Thanks.

I would think somewhere around 750 would be just right.

look at summit or jegs,,,for an out of the box blower prepped carb,,all tho they are of the generic type, it will run better then a non blower prepped carb,,boost refrence has its own set of issues,, if you want a correctly set up blower carb,,PM me,,, ill send you to the shop that did mine,,trust me its money well spent,,,

a regular carb on a blower motor has its own issues as well,,,start up,, running lean,,,,etc etcc,,,

Attachments

• refreshing the cuda july 2008 059.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 121
Beings how I have a 4 speed should I be looking for a mechanical secondary boost prepped carb? or a vacuum secondary carb?

yes vacuum secondaries do not work properly on a blower motor, on a blower motor you need all the air/fuel flow you can provide,,,

What is the Compression Ratio?
That cam has a 110° LSA, typically you'd want a wide LSA around 112 to 114. If your CR is high (10:1) then the xe284 will bleed off boost.
No need for a boost referenced regulator.
I run a Holley HP 950 boost referenced carb on my 174 blown 360, but I spin the engine way up in RPMs.
Find out what size blower it actually is before purchasing a carb.

What is the Compression Ratio?
That cam has a 110° LSA, typically you'd want a wide LSA around 112 to 114. If your CR is high (10:1) then the xe284 will bleed off boost.
No need for a boost referenced regulator.
I run a Holley HP 950 boost referenced carb on my 174 blown 360, but I spin the engine way up in RPMs.
Find out what size blower it actually is before purchasing a carb.

Thanks for the reply. And you as well Fish66. My compression is I'm guessing 9.5 but maybe lower. I'm just going by what the stroker pistons claim 23cc dish claim 9.5.
But I do have the rhs heads and I beleive they are 62cc combustion chamber.
The cam I installed at the beginning of the summer and really liked it, it's new and did'nt want to change it out. For now.
Thanks for the info on the regulator I was wondering about that.
The fella at my work runs supercharger on his dragster at bandimere , was telling me 850cfm to give room for future boost or run a 750 and it would work as well. Although I did appreciate his input for sure, he tends to lean toward the all out race side. And my car is just something I take out on the weekends spin the tires here and there and cruise around. But after coming across this article on super chevy adding a 144 supercharger to a 383 stroker article and the power they came up with, with a 750 holly supercharger carb. I decided to order the one they had on that little motor and hope for the best. Thanks for replying. And I would like to find out for sure what size the little supercharger is but still have'nt came across anything to distinguish the differance other then maybe size. But I've never seen either one these little superchargers side by side to compare that either. Thanks again.

-
Back