Carburetor upgrade and intake manifold

-
When i went two barrel the difference was almost night and day; you could get up to freeway speed a little bit after getting on the freeway, and in town it was a nicer drive. Then I went to a turbocharged slant, and now you get up to freeway speed instantly. The 2bbl was definitly an improvement, and those who've done it can verify there is indeed a difference even if it's just a little bit - it's worth it.

If you need a slanty 2bbl intake send me a PM, I have a decent factory one, will need to be cleaned up but looks to be in great shape. I think I have a picture and can look but don't have the manifold here, it's at my dad's place....BTW, since you are a Mopar young gun I'll give you a great deal :glasses7:

The super six swap was a no-brainer 6 yrs ago. But, today everyone knows they are desired, so they get grabbed quick at the junkyards, and prices on ebay are way up there. Today it is almost as cheap to go 4 bbl, which gives a lighter aluminum intake. Conceivably, you can even get better mileage with a 4 bbl (get smallest one you can find, 450 cfm max). The idea is that you use only the small primary bores in normal driving, and the secondaries open up when power is really needed.

Just speaking from my personel experience. Turbo or V8 would be the next step. :)

If you must go 2bbl, go with a Carter bbd from an early/pre smog 318.

have a question for you with the carter carb - i am picking up the super 6 set up with the carb - is there something different or may i ask what did they do to these carbs that would make one differ than the other over the years that they have been manufacturing these carbs - i am sure that i can get a lot of good things done to make the carb efficient: - thanks

have a question for you with the carter carb - i am picking up the super 6 set up with the carb - is there something different or may i ask what did they do to these carbs that would make one differ than the other over the years that they have been manufacturing these carbs - i am sure that i can get a lot of good things done to make the carb efficient: - thanks

The SS carb is a smog carb, with unnecessary ports.
Thats why I like the pre smog 318 bbd.

-
Back