Carlise info

-

williaml

Reaction score
I'm bringing my Dart to Carlise first for both of us. I think I entered the Showfield class. What can I expect? I will arrive Satyrday morning. Is there judging of the cars? If so when do they judge.

Thanks
Bill

Try to get there early. There will be a line waiting to get on the field. Judging is popular vote and is supposed to be turned in Saturday afternoon sometime. The second year I took my Fury, I ended up winning 2nd place and didn't know it... They post winners at the registration building on Sunday am... I was not there Sunday am, and by Thursday I had a 2nd place plaque delivered by the mailman.....

...and enjoy the experience! It is fun and exciting..... They do have it quite organized and flows pretty well. I'm hoping my pre-registration packet is at home when I get done vacation on the 30th....

Thanks, maybe I'll see you there.....I have a 65 dodge dart convertible with NJ historic plates that say 65 DGE

If you pre register its a breeze. Never waited to get on showfield. I go every year. Basically its participant ballot voting.

If you don't get there till Saturday, don't expect to see everything. My friends and I always arrive by noon on Thursday and stay till late afternoon on Sunday, and still never feel like we've seen everything. Friday and Saturday are the best days. By Sunday, vendors are packing up to leave. Seeing all the cars in the show and in the car corral, and in the retro dealership display outside the gate, and the cars in all the buildings, will take most of one day. A brisk walk past all the vendors with stops at very few will also take the better part of a day. So pick what you want to see and do, and do those things first. Check the show program out when you get there to see if there are any events or seminars that you don't want to miss during the show so you can plan to attend. If you've been to the Nats, this will be a very different kind of show. Its well organized, there are clean bathrooms and clean port-a-johns, plenty of good food vendors with lots of variety, and the enture show has a more laid back atmosphere than the Nats.

Thanks, maybe I'll see you there.....I have a 65 dodge dart convertible with NJ historic plates that say 65 DGE

Found your Dart Saturday but you weren't there.... Came back a bit later and the car was gone... Sorry I missed ya... See ya in 12 months...lol

-
Back