carpet install help

-

ss67gtsdart

Reaction score
hello i am installing new carpet in my 67 dart 2dr im not sure how much to cut off new carpet the vehicle did not have carpet in it to use as template.i am missing 2 pieces on each side of the rear seat i believe there is suppose to be trim panels wich i do not have.can anyone tell me what those pieces are called trying to find on internet to buy but everything i search does not come up with those panels.thank you

I don't think you can buy those pieces online.. The sill plates on the door jambs you can, but I don't think the rears are available.

As for your carpet, install the rear first, and cut the holes for your seat belt bolts. I installed the bolts to hold the carpet in place. Then I trimmed it on the sides just enough to get the sill plates over top. Same with the front piece, but remember to cut holes for your seat bolts too.

As okla said its really the best way to get the best results on a carpet install

I don't think you can buy those pieces online.. The sill plates on the door jambs you can, but I don't think the rears are available.

As for your carpet, install the rear first, and cut the holes for your seat belt bolts. I installed the bolts to hold the carpet in place. Then I trimmed it on the sides just enough to get the sill plates over top. Same with the front piece, but remember to cut holes for your seat bolts too.

Use a small soldering iron to burn in your holes. Neat holes and very easy to get bolt thru and started. No frayed carpet to get in the way of the threads. Measure twice, burn once.

If the carpet you purchased has the heel pad sewn in, its' placement is where you begin. Someone should have measurements from OEM for you .
Sill plate extensions ? Those from a different A-body might work.
Good luck

-
Back