Cars you use to hate and now like !!

-

jimmer

Reaction score
So maybe it's because of nostalgia ?
Or my tastes have broadened ?
A couple cars come to mind,
73-78 gm chevelle, laguna ,olds, Buick , Pontiac body style ect use to despise !!
Now I dig them !!
71-74 b bodies hated them as a young kid like 68-70 much better !!!
Now 71-72 with air grabbers are my favorite !!!
I could go on !!
Let's hear yours ?

Fun thing when my brother first bought the 72 satellite I thought it was an ugly car but then it grew on me and have owned and kept it since I was 16, first car I bought.

Dusters. The reason I didn't like them was I went with my Dad when he test-drove the new Duster, and he didn't like the cheaper feeling of it, and I was not in favor because he was getting rid of his '67 Barracuda notch Commando. Also in Florida, Dusters at the time were an old lady's car with skinny tires. Later I realized they Dusters are cool!

Early A's. I didn't like the front end. I thought a '64/5 barracuda looked like something ambassador would make.
I've grown to like the cars. Haven't owned one yet, but maybe down the road??

Anything Mopar/Fiat has put out in the last 44 years...
wow! that's news. Title says "Cars you use to hate and now like"...... So you use to hate Anything Mopar/Fiat but now like them. Interesting, but glad ya came around :D
:thumbsup:
:lol:
:rofl:

early A's ...I used to really dislike anything made before 67 but now I find myself double taking at them and thinking they are somewhat cool.

Hate is a strong word.

I have never met a car or person I hated.

Hate is a strong word.

I have never met a car or person I hated.
Hate is a strong word, and I had a '81 Mustang 4 cyl turbo I hated. If it rained, it wouldn't start. PERIOD. I covered the engine with garbage bags when I went to work, didn't matter. Also, I had to push start it a lot of times. And, it decided it needed 3 quarts of oil to go 15 miles one time. I think an oil seal went out in the turbo, and out the exhaust went all my oil. Yep, I hated that hunk of junk :D

Hate is a strong word, and I had a '81 Mustang 4 cyl turbo I hated. If it rained, it wouldn't start. PERIOD. I covered the engine with garbage bags when I went to work, didn't matter. Also, I had to push start it a lot of times. And, it decided it needed 3 quarts of oil to go 15 miles one time. I think an oil seal went out in the turbo, and out the exhaust went all my oil. Yep, I hated that hunk of junk :D
Was that an svo ?
I kinda thought they looked cool ?

Can't think of any I hated but the mid/late 80's GM stuff was all pretty much junk and I still don't like them. I was ambivalent about all mopar stuff until I bought my barracuda and now I am a fan:)

Mopar related, I have never been a big fan of 66 Belvedere's but I have seen some lately with the right color and wheel/tire combo's and they are growing on me. The Coronets are a bit more stylish but they still have that fender skirt looking rear wheel arch that I just can't be a lover of.

For me it's definitely dusters. I thought the GM a body (68-72)and nova quarter panels looked OK, but I think the Dusters took that shape a bit too far. To me they looked like Grandma cars with giant ghetto booty. The 71+ Road Runners and Chargers took it to a whole different level though. I still think they are absolutely hideous. The duster/demons have definitely grown on me though. With the right wheels/tires/stance to fill out those hips they can look pretty good.

^^^^^ Dusters/Demons definitely need some meats back there, but boy do they look bad when they're on

-
Back