Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrencher

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Hi guys ,

I have a bbd for sale that I just took off of my slant six to replace with a holley 2300. It runs and drives perfectly, but the problem I was having with it was it loses its prime after 8 hours of being turned off. Spray a shot of brakeleen in it, and it picks right up and runs great.

I think it might be needle and seat related, or possibly the float level needs to be tweaked. The throttle plates are nice and tight with no play, and other than the priming issue, my slant six ran like a champ with it.

$50+ the ride

I have no idea, they were in it when I bought it. What is supposed to be there?

What do you call reasonable for a carburetor that's an obvious core and you admit runs like ****? I am interested, but 50 bucks for that is stupidness.

Far from "obvious core". Runs perfect after the hard start in the morning.

What do you call reasonable for a carburetor that's an obvious core and you admit runs like ****? I am interested, but 50 bucks for that is stupidness.

he said in his first post "It runs and drives perfectly, but the problem I was having with it was it loses its prime after 8 hours of being turned off. Spray a shot of brakeleen in it, and it picks right up and runs great"

that's obviously not a serious issue either buy the carburetor or stop whining about his price or be serious and make him an offer through PM

Thank you 66 :)

It runs too good to not be a fixable problem. I honestly didn't even try to make a single repair on it. I had my heart set on the 2300 and was not terribly far from having the money to buy it.

I don't think the price is too high, but its not set in stone.... I cant remember for sure but i paid either $50 or $75 for it and the previous owner didn't even tell me about the hard start. At least I'm disclosing up front :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back