Carter M6270

-

CRUZE 418

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone run an M6270 Carter fuel pump without a pressure regulator? Seem to be pretty limited on mechanical fuel pumps unless you want a chrome Holley or Edelbrock. I am running a Six pack and am trying to stay with stock fuel lines, would rather NOT have to use a regulator.

I'm not sure which model that is if it's the muscle car pump I run that pump with 3/8 line on my six pack no need for a regulator. I'm not a fan of the 5/16 factory line. Six pack needs volume not pressure.

Okay I just looked it up that's the strip pump I used to run that pump with my T quad for years with no regulator and no problems but have never run it with my six pack.

Won't be long untill someone mentions a "return style fuel filter" that acts as a regulator

I'm just taking things in front off for an oil leak, and see that my fuel pump is a Carter, it has no M 6270 on it, but I will bet that's what it is. It came with the car. I have a reason for wanting to replace it, the car runs fine with it. Double checking something, plus cosmetics. The Six pack is the problem, but that's another bug, I am getting closer!
So I have my answer, have an M6270 on backorder.
Thank you for answering KO.

That pump is listed in my Carter catolog, which is pretty old. Listed as a 'Super Pump' , 7.5 psi output pressure.

-
Back