Casper vs Bottle Rocket !

-
The truth is simply this: For many of us, real car guys (especially mopar guys) are far and few between. Maybe not for people like you that live in big cities, but for us rural folks, it's scarce. So to help, socialize and share with others in the car community, we often do it through places like FABO or Youtube.
People who really know cars engines electrical breaks all that kind of stuff are still very far and few in between... Just a lot more people that enjoy the hobby and appreciate cars but knowledge of them is still pretty scarce... The good part is that's how I make my living...

People who really know cars engines electrical breaks all that kind of stuff are still very far and few in between... Just a lot more people that enjoy the hobby and appreciate cars but knowledge of them is still pretty scarce... The good part is that's how I make my living...
and what I meant by "real car people" is passion. Not really so much on their skills or talents. But at least know a chevelle isn't a Mustang. I make my living off of cars myself.

But let's keep to facts (I have no issue with either guy):
  1. Andy's custom headers are the biggest hold up, and he posted the video of the truck wouldn't be ready by NNN date for a 5 grand race
  2. The first time these two were supposed to meet, the 393 in Casper blew a rod through the pan on the journey to the race
  3. Many there will bring their merchandise to sell. Many. I would guess Tony will as well. Just a guess, though.
I'm bringing coffee to sell.

I think he will need to run about 8.0 in the 1/8 on motor, then hit it with a 200 shot to have a good shot at Casper
At this point I believe it's just a publicity stunt. Hes been working for 4 years on BR, and it's never gotten close to a 8.0. The thought that a guy with that mega dollar hemi head SBF, would even race a sluggish 4 door car that cant even make a clean pass without breaking reeks of "publicity stunt"

At this point I believe it's just a publicity stunt. Hes been working for 4 years on BR, and it's never gotten close to a 8.0. The thought that a guy with that mega dollar hemi head SBF, would even race a sluggish 4 door car that cant even make a clean pass without breaking reeks of "publicity stunt"
If he can or cannot get 8.0 on motor, that's just where I think it will need to be... unless he uses a 300 shot on this "one and done" race. I do think there will be a race, because to me PR moves just aren't Andy's style. As for BR itself, I have nothing against a more-door, and I actually like the car. I would have fun with it, but I wouldn't have gone the NOS route.

That’s the best sounding rip we have heard out of bottle rocket in all these years….I’m rooting for him. Hopefully he can keep it together this time.

Sounds like October. ? . ? In the video, you can see him hit the NOS and hear the change in sound.

Maybe it can have a massive nitrous backfire and the resulting embarrassment. One can pull for it, no?

The BR gets extinguished like a 4th of july firework.

The most recent UTG video popped up in my YT feed just now--I clicked on it and went to 6:03 where his car is running the 1/8th. Looks like about a 9-10 sec pass-Umm he thinks hes got a chance against a Hemified 400+cube Ford ?!?!?!? The world is a stage I guess. J.Rob

That pos 4 dr garbage can is just as slow as when he started "building" it. He is a complete automotive joke, but the slobbering neanderthal types love his bullshit.

Tony says 7.70's in the 1/8, leaving the line in second gear, and only using the NOS about half the track.

Sounds like there is a time and date set for this ......
and Caspers trip at the track ran a 6.8's (1/8, of course). That would be about 10.8's in the 1/4 ?? Not bad for a 4k pound pickup

and Caspers trip at the track ran a 6.8's (1/8, of course). That would be about 10.8's in the 1/4 ?? Not bad for a 4k pound pickup
The chart I have (optimistic in my opinion) says 6.85 adjusts to 10.69. (Besides the chart, I have three formulas for the conversion, none of which come up with the same answer, lol)
I think 10.80s is probably about right. About fifteen cars, in the eighth,better than I expect bottle fizzle to be.

That pickup is pretty fast! I dont understand how hes going to seriously race a slug 318 powered taxi that has proven in 4 YEARS of refinement, still cant run any faster than I believe 8.80s...its gonna be a gimmick!!!

-
Back