Cawleys 69 cuda

-

cawley

383 Bcuda
Reaction score
Cleaned up painted the trunk panel for my 69 cuda. Its not perfect but I just couldn't see spending 5 to 600 on a new one. Also got my tail light bezels chromed. Im getting there sloowwly lol

Attachments

• trunk panel tail lights 69 cuda 001.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 331
  • trunk panel tail lights 69 cuda 010.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 325
  • trunk panel tail lights 69 cuda 009.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 315
  • trunk panel tail lights 69 cuda 008.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 316
  • trunk panel tail lights 69 cuda 007.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 335
  • trunk panel tail lights 69 cuda 006.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 325
  • trunk panel tail lights 69 cuda 005.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 319
  • trunk panel tail lights 69 cuda 004.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 335
  • trunk panel tail lights 69 cuda 003.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 333
  • trunk panel tail lights 69 cuda 002.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 321
How are going to paint inside the "BARRACUDA" letters?

Only reason I ask is I have tried every trick in the book and come up "craps" thus
Far!

I have come ooh some close but have not got the crisp clean lines I want yet! I currently have the aftermarket panel on the car and it is $400 bucks of thin *** tin foilcrap!! I can get close but end up having to a bit of detail work and get some light scratching on the black when I do!

It is so frustrating to get so close with a nice original only to fail! 3 times I have stripped it and started over. Each time to be disappointed .

How are going to paint inside the "BARRACUDA" letters?

Only reason I ask is I have tried every trick in the book and come up "craps" thus
Far!

I have come ooh some close but have not got the crisp clean lines I want yet! I currently have the aftermarket panel on the car and it is $400 bucks of thin *** tin foilcrap!! I can get close but end up having to a bit of detail work and get some light scratching on the black when I do!

It is so frustrating to get so close with a nice original only to fail! 3 times I have stripped it and started over. Each time to be disappointed .

Yea, that is one thing I was afraid of with aftermarket parts. Not to much new stuff fits right. What I am gonna try is spray black paint from my paint can into the cap & then paint inside the letters with a fine paint brush. I will let you know how I make out. Cross your fingers lol

Hope you figure it out with the most sincerity! And if you do maybe you can do mine.

I just gave up for the time being and opted for something that looks presentable after years of restoration and no drive time. I just wanted to drive and enjoy! I will try again cause I am just not happy with the repo and life issues just interviened at the time.

Hope you figure it out with the most sincerity! And if you do maybe you can do mine.

I just gave up for the time being and opted for something that looks presentable after years of restoration and no drive time. I just wanted to drive and enjoy! I will try again cause I am just not happy with the repo and life issues just interviened at the time.

O how I hear ya ! I will let you know how I make out & I will post pictures. I am not working due to medical issues & I just cant just let my cuda set without doing something to it 'its killing me'. So I am doing what I can do without spending whole lot of money.

Dang cawley that looks a heck of a lot better than just 'pretty good'. I'd have believed you if you'd said it was brand new. Must have been a bear having to mask that BARRACUDA lettering on that tail panel. What's next on the agenda for the fish?

Dang cawley that looks a heck of a lot better than just 'pretty good'. I'd have believed you if you'd said it was brand new. Must have been a bear having to mask that BARRACUDA lettering on that tail panel. What's next on the agenda for the fish?

THANKS, well it does have some small dents & scratches that you cant see in pictures. Masking it up wasn't to bad. I think painting the black in the letters will be the hardest part. The red isn't right, its not dark enough, but & $13.00 for a pint of red is better than what totally auto wants. I am not going for a perfect restoration.

Well the letters are done ! not perfect but done. I posted some pictures on here.

Maybe I'm kicking in open doors here, but for the lettering masking; have you tried liquid mask?

So what did you end up using for the inside of those letters? Pinstripe brush?

We use this stuff at work (electronics production):
https://www.chemtronics.com/p-888-chemask-ht-high-temperature.aspx

It peels off wonderfully and the datasheet says it's "Stable in all hydrocarbon, hydrofluorocarbon, chlorinated, and halogenated solvents".
[ame]http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/1769558.pdf[/ame]

I've never painted over it but it's not that expensive. I'm going to try it out at home to see how it works out. Eventually ...

edit: It's $23 at Allied Electronics.
http://www.alliedelec.com/chemtronics-clf8/70206053/

Attachments

• Foto 2015-09-08 09 15 07.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 126
  • Foto 2015-09-08 09 14 34.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 134
We use this stuff at work (electronics production):
https://www.chemtronics.com/p-888-chemask-ht-high-temperature.aspx

It peels off wonderfully and the datasheet says it's "Stable in all hydrocarbon, hydrofluorocarbon, chlorinated, and halogenated solvents".
http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/1769558.pdf

I've never painted over it but it's not that expensive. I'm going to try it out at home to see how it works out. Eventually ...

edit: It's $23 at Allied Electronics.
http://www.alliedelec.com/chemtronics-clf8/70206053/

Let us know how it works with paint. thanks

-
Back