Center Console Trim?

-
I’m going to Velcro my carpet to the center console too. You never know I might have to get at the shifter one day

For mine, the majority was run horizontally up near the top, where the carpet "tucks" into the lip. I ran it in a few places, probably 6 or so total. Biggest piece was 3 or 4" long. Used the same idea with door panels.
str12 and 4spd, Did you install a continuous strip of velcro or just intermittent sections? How far up or down on the console did you place it? How wide was the velcro and was it relatively thin? I actually had bought some indoor/outdoor carpet tape but think a thin velcro may be a cleaner option, especially with the unwanted fabrication. I bought the console piece from Dante's years ago so it's too late to complain but I think it's Hot Garbage. Absolutely no reason it shouldn't fit well right out of the bag. str, I believe it's similar to yours with the recessed area missing on the driver side so I'll try to copy it as you did. Besides that, Where it should wrap around the back of the console, it win in No Way conform so I imagine I'll have to split it or at least cut a V in to so it seats flat. Did you have to do that? BTW, I love the contrast of colors in that interior.

View attachment 1716175839

20231208_174219.jpg

The stuff I used came from Ace Hardware - they had a roll of it and you bought it by the foot. It was labelled "Industrial/Commercial Velcro and the adhesive was some serious stuff. I put it horizontally also, everywhere there was surface on the fiberglass housing to put it. stay awayfrom where it tuck up into the housing at the top or there won't be enough room to get the carpet up into it.

The stuff I used came from Ace Hardware - they had a roll of it and you bought it by the foot. It was labelled "Industrial/Commercial Velcro and the adhesive was some serious stuff. I put it horizontally also, everywhere there was surface on the fiberglass housing to put it. stay awayfrom where it tuck up into the housing at the top or there won't be enough room to get the carpet up into it.
That's exactly what I was thinking. It looks like I should probably put some slits in it too so I can tuck the carpet between the spacings.

I did the console carpet a couple years ago and used some Heavy Duty adhesive backed 2" wide Hook & Loop (Velcro) from Amazon. Called Stronghold and it is!
1702094109298.png

First I traced the carpet onto some craft paper and cut it out as a pattern.
Trimmed the paper to fit the console. The carpet didn't fit all that well out of the box...
After I was happy with how the paper fit, I then traced the paper onto the back of the carpet and trimmed it.
Cut and stuck the velcro onto the carpet and the console. Boom! It holds great!
Turned out really nice. The extra step of making a pattern and transferring it to the carpet really paid off.
Got the console carpet kit from Rock Auto .com.
Then I sold the console because we decided to go with an 8-speed auto and 2018 Challenger console instead
"¯\_(ツ)_/¯"
1702094542643.png

1702094473064.png

1702094497097.png

1702094512593.png

That looks like the stuff that I used. one of the good parts is that the velcro doesn't have to be perfect, as long as it is flat, since it will never be seen except for you...

Yes there are those "bridge" pieces in the groove - cutting a bit on the top edge was the LAST thing that I did, when it was completely clear where they needed to be...

I did the console carpet a couple years ago and used some Heavy Duty adhesive backed 2" wide Hook & Loop (Velcro) from Amazon. Called Stronghold and it is!
View attachment 1716176151
First I traced the carpet onto some craft paper and cut it out as a pattern.
Trimmed the paper to fit the console. The carpet didn't fit all that well out of the box...
After I was happy with how the paper fit, I then traced the paper onto the back of the carpet and trimmed it.
Cut and stuck the velcro onto the carpet and the console. Boom! It holds great!
Turned out really nice. The extra step of making a pattern and transferring it to the carpet really paid off.
Got the console carpet kit from Rock Auto .com.
Then I sold the console because we decided to go with an 8-speed auto and 2018 Challenger console instead
"¯\_(ツ)_/¯"
View attachment 1716176162

View attachment 1716176155

View attachment 1716176158

View attachment 1716176160
Love it, I was thinking the same thing with the paper. Still don't understand how these companies can't make a precision piece for this by making a nice template.

Still don't understand how these companies can't make a precision piece for this by making a nice template.
Agree 100%!!!
I'm constantly asking myself why companies that make reproduction anything, don't make them "Correct"...
If you are making a die, mold, jig, model, template, etc., why not make them accurate?

-
Back