centerforce clutch

-

sqrelnts

Reaction score
Trying to figure out which centerforce dual friction clutch to get. Will be going in a 68 Dart, 340, 9.5:1, x-heads, ld340, leaning towards comp cam xe268, 750 carb, 833, 3.55 gear. I see they list two, # 269675 about $400, and 269739 about $467. Not looking to go racing, just street fun. Assuming the diff is holding power? Will the 269675 be sufficient for my application? Also, is there a better throwout bearing than others? Thanks for any input in advance.

I guess it doesn't matter much now but I called Centerforce to see what the difference was between the 769 and the 675 version. The 675 version sold on Amazon is designed for lower HP applications that you would typically see with a 318.

I have a Centerforce II behind my 340 and I love it, engine puts out 400 hp and loves to be beat on :burnout:

I have the CenterforceII, as well. Also a 360/430hp. I found the disc too harsh for day-to-day driving. I swapped it out for an OEM 340 disc. They dont last as long as the Dual Frictions, but a lot easier on the rest of the powertrain. I ripped up 2 trannys, one rear end, one GV,one D/S and numerous U-joints with that DualFriction. I have a GearVendors under there too, so not really interested in having it rebuilt, again.Id rebuild it myself, but they wont sell me the required tools, and they want 50% of new price to do it for me.Thats a lot of coin.I really like the diaphram PP though.And its got maybe 100,000 miles on it, so the pressure plate was a good investment.I think Im on the third 340disc.Not sure.I rip the hubs out of them, the springs get out, and then it vibrates pretty good. Always took me home though.

I have the Centerforce II and I have never had a problem with the dual friction disc. One thing I have noticed when starting from a stop is the more you rev it up the more the clutch wants to grab and the easier it will kill the motor. The higher the rpms the more pressure the springs put on the disc beacuse of the weights on the pressure plate. Maybe that is why it doesn't slip when doing burnouts. I have done more reverse to 2nd burnouts than I can even remember and not a problem and never slipped once behind my 360 with 3.23 suregrip.

I have the 269769 clutch and I'm running a 340 that makes 470hp and 455 lb-ft. No slip, no issues at all. Hooks hard.

i found a deal on a 269739 centerforce so I went that route. Hopefully I can get the car on the road this year and try it out. Time and money might dictate that.. Thanks for the replys.

-
Back