Cheap new gas tanks $75

-

68gtxman

I used to reMember
Reaction score
I just found this: Fuel Gas Tank 18 Gallon for Dodge Dart Plymouth Barracuda Valiant | eBay
IMG_1234.PNG

Without the fuel sending unit and locking ring and washer that is not a great price. I bought mine for around $100 with the unit. I just bought a new sending unit and it cost around $30

Without the fuel sending unit and locking ring and washer that is not a great price. I bought mine for around $100 with the unit. I just bought a new sending unit and it cost around $30
Well then, post up your links to show us how to get a better deal. Talk is cheap.:lol:

Lookd like an awesome deal, overall feedback looks good, but there is some -ve there.
Not everyone wants/needs sending unit etc. So the "flexibility" is an advantage.

Well then, post up your links to show us how to get a better deal. Talk is cheap.:lol:
Do you guys really want something that is so important to be where you pinch pennies?
A 30 dollar sending unit??? This is like buying 15 cent rubbers from Harbor freight! Cheap stuff like this will be inaccurate and certainly fail far sooner than a quality part.

For the most part, I feel you get what you pay for. Recently, someone on this site asked what manufacturer people preferred for a gas tank, and most people said, "Spectra." I took that recommendation and bought a Spectra tank and sending unit. I paid considerably more than the eBay ad, but I'm okay with good quality. I haven't installed it yet because it is too cold outside.

Fresno....TOO cold. :rolleyes:
Ha ha.... Us California guys complaining about the cold! I have spent the last 30 years in construction. I hate this time of year. Everything is either cold, muddy or wet. I have to wear 3 layers to feel warm, then I get gassed out from fighting against the clothes all day.
I'm off work waiting on the next job to start, so I'm doing stuff around the yard. Trying to get motivated to get off my warm and comfy couch is a real struggle. Looking out at a thermometer reading of 38 degrees is surely no motivation to get out there and drive a shovel. About the only solace is that I don't sweat as much at this temperature. The trouble is though that when I do get sweating, I get chills once I stop because my clothes are wet but the air is under 50 degrees!
Laying on cold concrete to install a gas tank in a NON daily driver? Hmmm....That can wait until the temps are in the 60s, right?

-
Back