Check out this cool plant I got for mom!

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
With mothers day on the way I've been looking for a gift for my mom. She loves plants and she loves the ocean, sea shells and the beach.

I normally get her some type of live flower/plant as she dont like cut flowers.

My and my lady were out to breakfast this morning and there was a farmers market, so ofcourse she wanted to walk around. Good thing we did because I think I nailed it this year!

Found a guy selling some random plants and he had this. It's a perfect blend of all the things she loves and it only cost me 10 bucks!

It's an "air plant" stuck in an urchin shell. If I had more cash I would have bought one for my house. I may have to go back next week and see if he has any more because its realy growing on me. :) (pun intended.)

20190428_112310_zpsxfvspqez.jpg

Neat, huh?

Going to have to look for one of them. Maybe my wife won't be able to kill one of those.

I know right?

I've seen just about every kind of plant and flower you can buy and I've never seen one.

My mom really enjoys live plants, loves gardening and can grow anything know to man. I think that's where my love for plants comes from.

I'll be sad to give it away but I know she will enjoy the help out of it!

In all honesty air plants are the one type of plant I've never had luck keeping alive. I give them to much attention or not enough and they just dont live.

I even had a very nice collection of carnivores plants that was super cool and are not easy to keep alive but mine were thriving until I left them with a buddy when I had to leave town and he killed them....

But if anyone can keep it alive, it's my mom.

Buddy’s wife also dies the air plants/succulents for farmer’s market. Im going to borrow your photo and send it to her.

No problem!

I think they grow super slow so for 10 bucks, with the shell, the rock and the wire hangar dont seem like theres much profit it it but it sure is cool!

No problem!

I think they grow super slow so for 10 bucks, with the shell, the rock and the wire hangar dont seem like theres much profit it it but it sure is cool!
From what my buddy says its a loss, but it gives her something to do and gets her out of the house.

Heres a shot of my old carnivorous plant terrarium.

8193E4F9-5B7E-4B60-8FC4-3F4AD3DE0383-8482-00000E052585E3B2_zps30255fb0.jpg

When I lived in Tahoe we had lots of bugs that came in the house in the summer. The honneydue and pitcher plants would eat a ton of bugs. The fly traps never caught much on there own but the tank sure was pretty to look at!

-
Back