chevelle vs evo

-
Big friggin deal. It cost over 30 grand and it won't beat my 340 dart. My 69 is basically stock with bigger tires and some engine work....:finga:

I got into it with a new Mitsubishi Eclipse last weekend. Some dude trying to show off for his girl. I was ignoring him, we were in a double left turn lane that turned into a single lane a few hundred feet after the intersection.

I wasnt going to race him but around the corner he nailed it, and i couldnt let him pass me. Dont know what they have in them, but it wasnt a match for a 440.

new eclipse are gutless.. evo's on the other hand are not :thumbrig:

I have friends with evo's... my ratty primered dart gets more attention. Evo's STI's awd turbo cars are killer at take off. They weigh about as much as a new generation camaro, but without the traction problems, makes them a rocket.

[/url]

I heard they weigh a lot too, at least a few yrs ago the EVO's weighed 3500lbs same with the Subaru WRX's. I remember when the Stealths and 3000 GT's were around they sounded like awsome cars, untill you saw they weighed 4000+ lbs

Sooo, the Evo uses a turboed 4 banger to make 291hp/300lbft while a non-turboed Pentastar v6 makes 305hp/270lbft (90% available between 1600 and 6400 rpm).....okey dokey.:rock:

wHAT IS AN EVO?

http://jdmwallpapers.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/black-mitsubishi_lancer_evo_viii.jpg

Sooo, the Evo uses a turboed 4 banger to make 291hp/300lbft while a non-turboed Pentastar v6 makes 305hp/270lbft (90% available between 1600 and 6400 rpm).....okey dokey.:rock:

and the evo still weighs almost 600lbs less than a v6 challenger.. and it's awd, i think you're missing the point.

challenger curb weight (v6)- 3700lbs
challenger curb weight (v8)- 4100lbs
evo viii curb weight - 3100lbs - 3300lbs (sunroof models)

i think they're both neat and have their place in certain circles, i wouldn't trade my dart though.

Lol same here is rather have American muscle I was more popular than the average in high school because of my duster lol

http://jdmwallpapers.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/black-mitsubishi_lancer_evo_viii.jpg

and the evo still weighs almost 600lbs less than a v6 challenger.. and it's awd, i think you're missing the point.

challenger curb weight (v6)- 3700lbs
challenger curb weight (v8)- 4100lbs
evo viii curb weight - 3100lbs - 3300lbs (sunroof models)

Maybe you should check your facts. The evo viii was lighter but it has been out of production for 5 or 6 years (right?) and the current model weighs over 3500 pounds (right?)and while the Challenger may not be available with AWD, the Charger is and it's equipped with a 370 hp hemi in that config for less money! lol That's good for easy sub-6 second 0-60 times, and you know it just keeps pulling. The Charger RT AWD weighs 4450 pounds and gets 15/23 mpg!

The Chrysler 200 (Avenger later) is also available with AWD and it has the Pentastar V-6 and get's 19/29mpg compared to the little turbo 4 evo getting 17/23 mpg.
How quick is the AWD Pentastar powered 200? I could not find performance numbers on them but last years Avenger with a 235hp/232lbft 3.5L v-6 fwd ran 0-60 in 6.8 and the 1/4 in 15.1 seconds. The Pentastar bumps power to 283hp/260lbft, so it should move better. It weighs about 3700 pounds with AWD.

So, you still didn't get the point. The point(s) was, it's awd. it's a 4 cyl turbo that produces 300hp and equal torque. Traction and Power to weight took that race the OP was speaking of.

Depending on variant for the evo x can weigh anywhere from 3100 - 3500lbs and have power ranging from 291hp to 400hp.

I was using the evo viii as a comparison because the OP said it was an '06 evo which is a IX. Well the VIII and the IX are pretty close.

Not saying it's better than our cars. But the technology to make an engine half the size of ours create just as much if not more power is still impressive. I see your argument on behalf of ma mopar. I hate to break it to you, but there are still better cars out there (performance wise, looks is another conversation).

I don't care much for the EVO, but twin turbo Supra's kick ***..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2a1dXiCbOw"]YouTube - Darin's Supra 6 speed record[/ame]

yeah they do. now those can be some expensive cars.

no Scampin around I havent driven one, but I have a friend I cruise around with all the time that has an 11 second evo and he is always talking about how he cant believe how many more looks I get in my dart! Face it everyone, unless your cruising around in a high dollar lambo, you're not gonna find a better sound than the thumping roar from a V8! and if you guys like evos so much, you are missing the point of owning a classic car. Ok cool they are pretty fast, so are street bikes, and shifter karts. But this site is for the car guys that understand the coolness of just owning a classic car. and like someone mentioned earlier, Evo's cost about $25000-$30000, if you bought an old dart for a few grand and dropped $25000 into a motor for it, you'll be running a hell of a lot faster than an evo!

Evo's cost about $25000-$30000, if you bought an old dart for a few grand and dropped $25000 into a motor for it, you'll be running a hell of a lot faster than an evo!

Yes but the EVO will still be getting better MPGs, have better handling, stop better, be more comfortable and be under a factory warranty.

I think these comparisons are silly.

this IS silly, for a bunch of guys that are into muscle cars, i am seeing way to much respect being givin to these imported pieces of ****. I guess the true muscle car guys out there will understand where I am coming from!

I have been a muscle car guy all my life, but the older I get the less closed minded I become.

For my daily routine it's nice to sit my butt in these nice, quiet, reliable imports and just roll down the road.

I understand where your coming from even though my friend in the chevelle lost it had the bigger crowd around it back at the finish line lol. It was a good race

this IS silly, for a bunch of guys that are into muscle cars, i am seeing way to much respect being givin to these imported pieces of ****. I guess the true muscle car guys out there will understand where I am coming from!

wow... performance is performance no matter what brand, Mopar, Ford, Chevy, Honda, Toyota, Nissan whatever.

You can go ahead and be a "true" muscle car guy.. I'll be a car guy.

:butthead:

AWD= sub 2.0 60' times on bald tires in the rain.

turbo = tons more power on tap with a cheap handheld tuner

JDM styling = looks like a porcupine's ***

Mitsubishi = 90% in junkyards within 8 years. Anyone remember the Starion? Thought so....

i just dont get this,i´m a V8 man i dont want anything else and i like it,but seriously some people need to got to stop sticking there heads in the sand.
there is plenty of wellbuild very serious imports that can,will and does give our beloved musclears one hell of a fight trying to outrun them both on the street and strip. there is also the group of importguys wich is much bigger with people that just dont get how to make there stuff work,this kind of people is also around when it comes to musclecars.
cant say much about the evos some of them seems to be very well running but where i come from most of them are more into styling. Audis turbo5cylinder 4wheeldrive cars are a totaly diferent story,plenty of people making them run HARD some of them even capable of puting up a big fight against serious lightweight v8 powered cars as long as they run "smalltires" (10.5" ET drags) on the street,there is no way around it lots of power and massive traction is just very hard to beat especialy on the street.

i know lots of import people just wont give musclecar people any respect however show them the respect they deserve when they deserve it and they will respect you

what i wrote about the audis are simply because we have diferent amounts of diferent cars and i think the audicrowd here in europe could easily be comparable to the evos in USA.

i just dont get this,i´m a V8 man i dont want anything else and i like it,but seriously some people need to got to stop sticking there heads in the sand.
there is plenty of wellbuild very serious imports that can,will and does give our beloved musclears one hell of a fight trying to outrun them both on the street and strip. there is also the group of importguys wich is much bigger with people that just dont get how to make there stuff work,this kind of people is also around when it comes to musclecars.
cant say much about the evos some of them seems to be very well running but where i come from most of them are more into styling. Audis turbo5cylinder 4wheeldrive cars are a totaly diferent story,plenty of people making them run HARD some of them even capable of puting up a big fight against serious lightweight v8 powered cars as long as they run "smalltires" (10.5" ET drags) on the street,there is no way around it lots of power and massive traction is just very hard to beat especialy on the street.

i know lots of import people just wont give musclecar people any respect however show them the respect they deserve when they deserve it and they will respect you

what i wrote about the audis are simply because we have diferent amounts of diferent cars and i think the audicrowd here in europe could easily be comparable to the evos in USA.

well said.

Another thing is these cars arnt made for drag racing yet they can beat alot of cars in the 1/4. The racing these cars are made for (rally)nobody on this board could even attempt to try.

-
Back