chevelle vs evo

-
Another thing is these cars arnt made for drag racing yet they can beat alot of cars in the 1/4. The racing these cars are made for (rally)nobody on this board could even attempt to try.

You should of been at MATS and seen that lady ripping around the road course in her Challenger:supz:

Ok i noticed that nobody seemed to comment on the Chevelle. How do we know this wasnt a complete TURD? Just because its a 400 doesnt mean its been mod for performance

the chevelle by no means in a turd that evo was fast,the guy in the evo was at the track the day before and ran an 11.90 and the chevelle spun his *** off in first and hardly lost he just didnt have enough mph to go around the evo on the top end. we just need to dial in the chevelles suspension in a little more to get the car to work better on the street and the car is "mod for performance" in your words

That's the info we need Jeremy now we need to se a rematch after we dial in urs too lol. Did you see the little cartoon in my signature that's what we are gonna do to your duster :)

imports, musclecars, lowriders, bikes, cho-mo vans,

drive what you like and dont give a **** about what anybody else drives.

i dont like imports. they are great on gas but other than that i wouldnt drive one. half my buddys drive p.o.s hondas that are very poorly built but you know what? they are still my buddys. and i have other friends with nsx`s, and turbo`d subarus that would whoop my p.o.s duster.

its all about preference.

evos are cool cars wouldnt mind one for a daily do some bolt ons and a tune and you have a 12sec car.we have a budy who has an street driven 9.40s evo that thing is bad ***

you guy's are crackin' me up. the same bench racing friends and i did 30 years ago. since then i've had about 20 - 68' to 73' mopars...
but the car i like to race is an 05' sti

:)

Yes but the EVO will still be getting better MPGs, have better handling, stop better, be more comfortable and be under a factory warranty.

I think these comparisons are silly.

I can't agree here.....

This is 2011 and today you can make a muscle car everything you want it to be. We have Wilwood brakes,bigger rims,Alterkation K member with rack and pinion steering, fuel injection and overdrives...

Is it expensive? Of course! but so is buying a $30k import and dumping more money into it. Can we get most of the money we put into our old school rides? no way...however, the newer car looses value everyday that you drive it.

I have a respect for about anything fast but here is the truth. It costs a lot to get these things to run with the production V8's made 40+ years ago. Sure there is VVT and DOHC plus power to weight ratio but put a turbo on a nicely prepped 360 in an a body and see what happens.

There are not to many younger guys into Mopar muscle anymore but the people that are just happen to be doing amazing things with them. Stay tuned because I should know. I am one of them...

I can't agree here.....

This is 2011 and today you can make a muscle car everything you want it to be. We have Wilwood brakes,bigger rims,Alterkation K member with rack and pinion steering, fuel injection and overdrives...

Is it expensive? Of course! but so is buying a $30k import and dumping more money into it. Can we get most of the money we put into our old school rides? no way...however, the newer car looses value everyday that you drive it.

I have a respect for about anything fast but here is the truth. It costs a lot to get these things to run with the production V8's made 40+ years ago. Sure there is VVT and DOHC plus power to weight ratio but put a turbo on a nicely prepped 360 in an a body and see what happens.

There are not to many younger guys into Mopar muscle anymore but the people that are just happen to be doing amazing things with them. Stay tuned because I should know. I am one of them...

Being taken out of context is such a wonderful thing.

My post that you quoted was a reply to this.........

"Evo's cost about $25000-$30000, if you bought an old dart for a few grand and dropped $25000 into a motor for it, you'll be running a hell of a lot faster than an evo!"

Please note.......... "dropped $25000 into a motor for it"

But onto your point...... Sure, with an unlimited budget you can build anything.

Being taken out of context is such a wonderful thing.

My post that you quoted was a reply to this.........

"Evo's cost about $25000-$30000, if you bought an old dart for a few grand and dropped $25000 into a motor for it, you'll be running a hell of a lot faster than an evo!"

Please note.......... "dropped $25000 into a motor for it"

But onto your point...... Sure, with an unlimited budget you can build anything.

I am really confused. You used somebody else's post to describe mine???

Where did I say buy an old Dart and put a $25000 engine in it?...please point that out. I am intrested in this...

most guys on this site treat us slant six guys like imports lol...

i have a 512ci AWB car as well as a 68 dart slant six... runs 14's... and have a great time doing it...

most guys on this site treat us slant six guys like imports lol...

i have a 512ci AWB car as well as a 68 dart slant six... runs 14's... and have a great time doing it...

I miss my '71 Duster. I gave some imports a real fit with that thing. 14's is very respectable for a /6!

Evo's are a modern day formula for success. AWD helps launch. Turbo makes power up top. It's hard to beat an Evo off the line unless you're running slicks, so in a street race the Evo has an edge right off the bat. Of course, the Evo is a $30k car. Then again, compare them to other $30k cars and they are just as fast if not faster. These Evo's are mid to low 13 second quarter milers out of the box. mild mods will get them deep into the 12's. As far as the disrespect, you EARN respect. Evo's are one of the fastest cars on the streets right now. You can spend less money to build a Mopar to beat them for sure. But those of you hating on imports for the sake of hating on imports, put your money where your mouth is and post the video. Because all I see nowadays are Evo's beating almost everything out there in a street environment.

BTW, Youtube "Volvo" and "VS" and check out how fast some of these Volvos are going. Don't sleep on the turbo cars...

Pretty sure they were most likely stock but my 65 cuda( which appears stock) has a 2-0 record vs. these allwheel drive terrors at our 1/8 mile track and is 7-0 against imports. This was against street class car's though and it is incredible what some of these are running in modified. Know of one evo runing 6.70's in the 1/8th which would be mid 10's in the quarter & he drives it to the track. Just can't get into that scene though and most import dudes hate getting the dog walked on em by something that is not modern muscle or another import. They are much funner to torment than even chevy folks

Oldschoolcuda

Who gives a ****.
I'd rather lose in a 67 Chevelle than win in a EVO.....whatever the hell that is.

George

I lined up against my sons caliber srt4 five times at the track last month. I had him to half track every time and then his 30 pounds of boost rockets him by. He has a 11.75 car that gets 28 mpg. And I told him to keep it stock lol. I like mine, he likes his. We are both having fun.

O man the arguments are still going lol update:
This past Sunday o saw another race a EVO vs a stang.. this fox body was fast it beat a Camaro 3rd gen having 5 cars and the start the stang beat him by 2 plus the 5 he gave him.
Now the EVO that raced was the fastest EVO in this group I mean this guy was running racing gas and was throwing some flames out when he was boosting at the line. It was a tie the stang probably runs low 11

And the ignorance rolls on...

Part of winning is understanding your opponent.

Agree. Unfortunately for them most import & modern muscle dudes with fast factory vehicles have no comprehension of how fast our classics can be. Just added another import (2010 or so Civic SI that stood no chance but thought he did) to my airhat last night.

Attachments

• parts 276.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 82
Agree. Unfortunately for them most import & modern muscle dudes with fast factory vehicles have no comprehension of how fast our classics can be. Just added another import (2010 or so Civic SI that stood no chance but thought he did) to my airhat last night.

I'm glad you're keeping old school muscle alive. I just think you're in the minority. I'm finding more and more muscle car guys ignorant and complacent to the import scene. Out here on the West Coast, we have import guys in Evo's, turbo Supra's and STI daily drivers running mid-11's. It doesn't surprise me that these guys don't have much respect for us. My 400 crank HP is a high 12 second car and not a daily driver.

I do agree that there are a lot of low level Civic guys that don't have respect that need to be put in there place. But I'm not talking about these guys. The Evo (as this thread was about) is in it's own class. Not to press, but have you knocked off any Evo's lately?

-
Back