Chevy Guys

-

I'll see your wiki and raise you:

Chrysler developed their first experimental hemi engine for the Republic P-47 Thunderbolt fighter aircraft. The XIV-2220 engine was an inverted V16 rated at 2,500 hp (1,860 kW). The P-47 was already in production with a Pratt & Whitney radial engine when the XIV-2220 flew successfully in trials in 1945 as a possible upgrade, but the war was winding down and it did not go into production. However, the exercise gave Chrysler engineers valuable research and development experience with two-valve hemi combustion chamber dynamics and parameters.
In addition to the aircraft engine, Chrysler and Continental worked together to develop the air-cooled AV-1790-5B V12 Hemi engine used in the M47 Patton tank.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_Hemi_engine

The guy is right. Money-wise A Bodies are not the best investment. I'm sure by now he's sick of cars in general and all they really are to him is a way to turn a buck.

i was raised in a chevy family yes great grand father, uncles, even my father worked for them but i like my dodges and some fords and some that is all they can see

Raise all of you

I did a little bit of research and the earliest "hemi" I can find is the 1903 Welch, built by Chelsea Mfg. Co., Chelsea, Michigan. It had a 20-hp, two-cylinder engine with overhead valves and hemispherical combustion chambers. The company moved to Pontiac, Michigan in 1904 and began producing larger cars with 36-hp four cylinder engines, still with overhead valves and hemi-heads. The 1906 engine had a 4.5" stroke and 5" bore with a single overhead camshaft and had one of the first water pumps driven by the fan belt.

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/hemi/ardun.html

google Alan R. Welch and his brothers, owners of the Welch Motor Car

LOL some of you guys need to lighten up. It's like it's not Politically Correct to bash Chevy guys anymore. :banghead: What is the world coming to? You guys must have cabin fever.

There are no bad cars, only bad owners.
But unlike GM Chrysler never made a bad engine. They took extra care in engineering.
(That's was a real slogan for you young ones)
Hot rodding a Chevy. So easy a cave man can do it.
But saving a Chrysler, that's different.

http://www.vintagecorvettes.com/1967davis.html
Has any posted this yet?
I would be more interested if it was a Duster.
Or Super Bird.

Same as everyone else, I am a classic and muscle car fanatic. Plain and simple that guy would never work on my car.

id tell him the same thing I told every other guy that told me build a chevy its cheaper. You make a budget Ill match it then we will race lol. done this over 10 times never lost or even gotten close to losing. x10000 that guy would never touch one of my cars! that said I don't mind any classic car but nothing is better than a mopar. as for the wiki comments they are pointless you should all know wiki is a joke. try using it as a reference in a professional paper you'll be laughed at. On that note little bit of dodge history the dodge brothers are the only reason ford was originally considered reliable since they built the drive trains. then moved on to their own cars. finally I showed this thread to my chameleon I think his reaction sums it up lmfao!

Attachments

• dfgdfgdgdfgd.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 149
-
Back