-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
And break it did at keystone yesterday

A1CBD4CC-9EE7-42B1-AB47-97D7E2C20B88.jpeg

AC6DA3E0-5CC1-412B-8AFA-80BCE1674441.jpeg

That's a nice Nova, badass. I guess he found a weak link.
Do you know what it runs?

I have broke more gm transmissions than mopars in my life, that's for sure!

It didn't just break, it demolished itself! The powerglide in my Arrow gave up at Maple Grove July 4th weekend, naturally in the first round of eliminations on Friday! Nowhere near that type of carnage! Mine was just a worn out band due to what we guess was the brake solenoid had developed an intermittent internal short which was applying the band. That's the best guess as the band was the only problem found during tear down.

A couple of years ago at the show and shine they had an inetia dyno. They had run a number of vehicles and then a virtually new Charger was tied down, the one with 700HP. Made one pull and then another. The second time they got to the red line and acked out, the trans blew. Internal parts bouncing everywhere. Of course numerous people were taking video on their phones. When he got it to the dealer, they had already seen the video and said that was abuse so no warranty. You could do exactly the same on the hiway. Now I do not know how this worked out for the fellow, but I have not seen the car since.
One thing to understand, on a warranty claim the factory stipulates the time for repair and the markup for the parts that the dealer is alloted. This is quite a bit less than retail. This is why many times you have a complaint that should be warranty, but the dealer tells you they could not find anything wrong, but charge you for their time for checking but finding nothing. Then you go back 1,000 miles after warranty has expired and they find the fault. Now you are on the hook for a big bill. Hopefully what you had been complaining about all along does not take something else out by then. But the dealer made an extra $200 to $500 for screwing you.

I get the "Nice Nova" bit with my Volare. Lol

-
Back