chop chop

-

smokn440

Reaction score
didnt realize choppn em up was as much fun as building em up,,,70 donor for the 72,,rotten back window and trunk,,,got the sheetmetal and small bolt disc brakes we needed

HPIM0061.JPG

HPIM0065.JPG

hey smokn now it looks like you are under way to getting that top fixed. but if it were me i think i would have went all the way to the outside eged of the 1/4. just my .02

maybe,,,but this is getting cut down even smaller,,,,mostly needed passenger hinge and deck lid panel between the seams,thanks for the .02,,,cause a body man I aint

me either. it seams like i fix my work more than repair the damage

I'm on the fence with my .02 cents so I'll throw a penny over each side here.. I agree with where you cut the quarters as I would much rather work a horizontal body surface than a vertical surface.
The statement "small bolt disc brakes we needed" has to be refering to the Kelsey-Hayes brakes. I'd put those back where they came from .LOL

whew, if you had to use that much, maybe use the 72 as the donor :) Cutting IS almost more fun in my opinion, we made a "convertible" sat seabring back in the day. apparently thats what happens when you mix a case of beer and a sawzall

340, thats a funny thing, my brother told me that they made a duster hatch back, but then again he's always trying to get me to believe weird stuff like that. like c'mon you really get lime disease from ticks and not citrus fruit??? :lol:

Nice job with that sawzall!

There are plenty of SBC K-H brake parts available, including the rotors, the calipers, and rebuild kits for the calipers. Try O'Reilly's, Napa, brakewarehouse, or Summit, for the rotors, and a place named calipersonline.com will re-sleeve the caliper piston bores with stainless inserts that will not rust. Don't forget the rear brakes either, and the proportioning valve of the donor, if you are moving from drums to discs.

Cheaper to keep her!!! than to do the BBC conversion unless you are getting the BBC stuff including the rear axles and BBC wheels for cheap!

Hey Joe, what happened to the LBP disc setup and the 8 3/4 you got from my house before I left Hawaii? Call me when you get to Vegas.

Did you cut the 1/4 panel end caps in half or go right along side them on the seam? I can't tell.
As far as where you cut, I think I would have cut along the vertical edge of the 1/4 too, but only to allow myself enough material to figure out where I actually needed to cut on the other car so I could work horizontal. I guess my .2 cents is sitting on top of the fence.
Makes me re-think how I'll cut up my next parts car.

In the early 80's I cut a (very repairable now) 74 Challenenger in 1/2 to see how it was built. I was using it for parts to repair my 72 340 Challenger. Cut the roof and floor right thru the middle. Threw the stuff I didn't want to keep in the dumpster

Yeah it was fun, but boy was I STUPID

hey Craig,,,hows Vegas,,,me and Dom will be there for nhra in april,,,as far as the whole where to cut goes,,,I cut way more than i needed,,,and I will throw that slab of metal in my truck,,,drive the 72 to my body guy,,and let him perform the miracles,,,now I'm gonna have fun cutting up the rest into little pieces and throw it in the dumpster,,,I did pull a 360,904,8 3/4,drive shaft,schumacher /6 to v-8 swap motor mounts,electronic ignition kit and back glass,,,bought car from a military guy who was shipping it over here,,it fell off of the car carrier and slammed into a tree

WOW! I have never seen anyone cut something up like that before. At least not something that's going to be fixed. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. LOL!!!

How bad was the rot? Do you have any before pics?

-
Back