Chrome or Black????

-

TCFAM

68 Dart GTS 340
Reaction score
Suspension is almost done on the car, going to start finishing bodywork soon. Wondering what you guys think about painting all the crhome trim and bumpers either a flat black, semi-gloss, shiny, or should I leave it chrome, the rest of the car is going to be the original orange rust color that you see in my avatar, I have a white stripe but am thinking about getting a black one if I paint trim and bumpers black. The wheels will be black also if I go black on the trim. Chrome or aluminum if not.

I built a challenger a few years back and painted it black with a bit of purple pearl in the paint and then had all the trim powder coated a dark purple, all most black. It looked awesome, but each to his or her own.

Attachments

• P7110058.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 148
I like both. Just for conversation at car events I have heard people say "I wish he would have left the bumper chrome" but I have not ever heard "I wish he would colored the bumper too". I happen to like both and I feel you should do YOUR bumper the way YOU like it and the heck with someone else's comments.

I was on the edge on what way to go, mostly chrome comments. Chrome it is. Thanks guys

Black Crome sounds like it might look real nice!!!

Here's what I'm talking about.

challenger_20_black_chrome_big.jpg

ive been considering having all my trim and bumpers anodized, looks kinda like the black chrome but can also be had in colors. i think a black car with all red anodized trim would look sinister.

Maybe I would be better off with tow cars and have one of each. I amspeachless on how good that black looks, but have decided to keep the car original. thanks guys. I plan on getting a 73 dart sport at some time, when I do it will be black chrome for that one.

-
Back