Cinnamon 75 Duster \

-
Do you think you will have it on the road and driving it next year?

Looks super clean!
I'm sure Keith will have the car on the road next year!

Do you think you will have it on the road and driving it next year?

I gave up on my crystal ball, but sure hope so. As far as what the car needs, there is no reason not to have it done. Not going to rush it though. Still lots of things to do. Might have been done this year if not for multiple major family issues.

I put some fresh gas and fuel stabilizer in yesterday and drove it around the yard. Then put the battery on charge to be sure it was topped off. Probably done till spring, but you never know when a warm day can pop up. Plus I have the grille, trim etc I can take to the basement and work on. I take advantage of every opportunity to get stuff done.

Refinishing the grill and trim will take a good bit of time.
I have not touched my duster since this spring, got the motor in it, and basically stopped on it while working on other projects.
I am in the middle of painting my Willys, hoping to have it finished by the end of this year.
My old truck needs some motor work.
Then I need to fix the headlights on my vette, and the AC.
So I might be able to start back on the Duster sometime this spring.

Been taking care of some things on the daily driver Magnum. In the last couple weeks, did four wheel brakes and all new rotors. Hood and tailgate gas lifts. Today i started changing the spark plugs. Not difficult, but a lot more involved than the old Duster. Had to pull the intake plenum. That needed a new gasket . EGR tube had to be leaking bad looking at the seal. Changed the PCV valve and cracked the new one tightening it ( plastic threads). Would have been done, but didn't have another vehicle to run out and get stuff. Got everything I think need this evening, so should be able to wrap it up tomorrow.

I think that's a beautiful color for a Duster. My 1973 340 was a similar dark cinnamon color but I think it had some more reddish tones than your '75. Anyway, mine had a white 340 stripe and I thought it was gorgeous.

Good luck!

I think that's a beautiful color for a Duster. My 1973 340 was a similar dark cinnamon color but I think it had some more reddish tones than your '75. Anyway, mine had a white 340 stripe and I thought it was gorgeous.

Good luck!

The old paint mostly just looks brown. But, the areas where I have sprayed fresh look redish / copper in bright sunlight.

Magnum is back together, runs, no codes. :blob:

Gave a good fight. Got another PCV installed. Did not replace foam under plenum that was junked. Had issues with egr tube access to lower screws, air filter housing did not want to close, plastic tree fasteners everywhere that get destroyed taking them out. Big cross bar in back had to come out for clearance.... But its done.

image27.jpg

2015-12-06 12_47_49.jpg

2015-12-06 12_47_00.jpg

I dread working on new vehicles, old ones do not bother me at all.

Cinnamon was a bit under the weather yesterday. This was after I ran the blower the second time a little over halfway through what ended up being over 31 inch snowfall.

2016-01-23 15_11_00.jpg

Finally had a glimpse of spring. Near 60F here today. Got the headlights wired up with the new relays. Used 12 gauge stranded wires for everything. Kit game with packard style crimps for the relay blocks and similar 90 degree flags for the headlight connections. I got a GB-388 crimper- that did Ok, but still soldered those connectors. Lugs and connection to fuses are not soldered. Cut a notch in the factory connector on the alternator to slip the power lugs through. Wrapped everything with harness tape. I did put an old headlight in and both sides tested good.

2016-02-28 17_46_01.jpg

2016-02-28 17_47_13.jpg

Well, it's Spring. Time to get things rolling. I got under the dash last week while it was raining, and think I pinpointed the last leak that has been haunting me. Saw a single run coming down near gas peddle. Seems like it is coming in the front center of the cowl and getting down inside of firewall . So, I got up in there with a gob of neoprene roof caulk and spread it on the spot. Next day I flooded the cowl and saw no leak. Still want to see what it does in a downpour, as this is several times now I thought I had this resolved. If it still leaks, I need to get a bead of sealant across the front inside of cowl (which I may do anyway)
Other than that, I am getting things organized in the garage. Need to get all the chrome cleaned up. (Trim, mirrors, door handles). Will take windows out of doors. Rust treat inners and reasemble replacing scratched glass. Paint door jambs, trunk rim, and top of innerfenders once fenders are aligned and fully bolted. Refinish other items like the grill and taillights. Also looking at options for seat covers, tires. Need to permanently wire the 3rd brake light and recover wire harness back to trunk. Carpet,Paint...
Lots to do, but really not bad considering what is already done.

What an inspiring build! I would have parted that car from all the rust and you MORE than saved it. It's beautiful.

What an inspiring build! I would have parted that car from all the rust and you MORE than saved it. It's beautiful.

Thanks Rob. Still in the beautification process. It's quite an ordeal turning a pig into a princess without just smearing on the lipstick. Lol.
Doubt I would ever try to do anything that far gone again unless it was a much rarer car. But, it's been a learning experience . And, for the most part, a lot of fun!

Just me and the wife home for Easter. She decided to grill some NY strips. I had a different kind of grille to work on. The one I am painting came from member- Framedude a while ago. Just a few small cracks I glued. Mine on right has a chunk out and a top tab busted off. I plan to use all the metal from my original.

2016-03-27 17_32_25.jpg

Painted grid with Krylon stainless steel. Did a quick clean and buff on my original top and donor bottom trim. Cleaned up my emblem and painted the back inner part where chrome was peeling with Krylon Nickle. Red is duplicolor bright red I had on hand that looked really close. I first used a fine brush and painted silicon grease around where I wanted color. Then sprayed with red and satin clear. Then just wipe off.
I sprayed chrome in the back of the lamp housings to improve lighting on the advice of lighting guru Daniel Stern. Got one of the clear lenses from donor grille and picked one up on ebay last week. Put in with new seals from my DMT kit.

2016-03-27 20_10_16.jpg

Last edited:
Seat covers

Just wanted to say thanks to Rd2Scamp for the offer. I would love to get this seat for my Duster. Shipping seats back and forth kills the deal though. This is original factory upholstery. He wanted to remove the cover, But I was afraid I would damage it restretching it on my seat. Guess I will keep looking. Legendary prices are not working for this budget build.

-
Back